The Wolverine (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jax_Teller wrote:
RyanRises wrote:Surprise surprise. Jax loves another movie.
Can you just go play in your cave where you don't disturb everyone?

By the way, I didn't LOVE it, I really really like it.
Yes, make fun of me because I questioned your integrity as a moviegoer. All I'm saying is that it's hard to take you seriously when you love or really really like every movie that comes out. There's nothing wrong with being overzealous, but try being objective for once.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:

Is it better than MoS?
It is very different, but to me, Man Of Steel ranks number one on my superhero movies list, it's just a very special movie for me.

For The Wolverine, I'm really glad that it's as good as it is, really want to see the extended version with uncut sequences (the sequence in the snow you see in the trailer has been heavily cut).

RyanRises wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:

Yes, make fun of me because I questioned your integrity as a moviegoer. All I'm saying is that it's hard to take you seriously when you love or really really like every movie that comes out. There's nothing wrong with being overzealous, but try being objective for once.
I know how to be objective, thank you, don't need to tell me how I need to think.

Forum Pro
Law
Jax_Teller wrote: It is very different, but to me, Man Of Steel ranks number one on my superhero movies list, it's just a very special movie for me.

For The Wolverine, I'm really glad that it's as good as it is, really want to see the extended version with uncut sequences (the sequence in the snow you see in the trailer has been heavily cut).
Yeah, Mangold said he cut it because it started to get too violent. He said the bulk of the 10-12 min extra time on the blu-ray will be that fight scene, uncut and unrated.

I think you will be surprised at how violent and brutal the movie is already ;)

Ryan that was totally uncalled for. Jax took the time to write a fairly lengthy review explaining why he liked the movie and he didnt deserve that insulting response.

Yeah I'm trying real hard to be more respectful, understanding, so cut me some slack please :D

Just ignore Ryan.

Jax, thanks for the review. :thumbup: Planning to see this next week.

Forum Pro
Law
RT Consensus
Although its final act succumbs to the usual cartoonish antics, The Wolverine is one superhero movie that manages to stay true to the comics while keeping casual viewers entertained -- which is no small feat, considering the character's heavy cinematic baggage.
I'll take it.

Maybe I will end up seeing this. The reactions have turned out surprisingly positive and the film itself seems to be a pleasant surprise as well.