J. Edgar (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
they're different type of performances

Dicaprio is going for a characterization...he succeeds about 60% of the time but its still pretty impressive

Fassbender gives a naturalistic performance...he doesnt falter at any point in the film, but why would he, if he's playing a variation of himself?

so it will depend what type of performance the Academy prefers.

I bet Oldman is better than both of them though in Tinker. There's so many great moments in the script for his character, I can't wait to see them.

mchekhov wrote:they're different type of performances

Dicaprio is going for a characterization...he succeeds about 60% of the time but its still pretty impressive

Fassbender gives a naturalistic performance...he doesnt falter at any point in the film, but why would he, if he's playing a variation of himself?

so it will depend what type of performance the Academy prefers.

I bet Oldman is better than both of them though in Tinker. There's so many great moments in the script for his character, I can't wait to see them.
Wait - have you not seen it yet?

Strong gives my favourite performance in TTSS, I've always liked him but that solidified him as one of my favourite actors.

christoph, its not out in the states yet. Comes out in December.

To those who have seen the movie, whats your take on Hoover's sexuality?
I'm not sure I can classify him as a homosexual. He exhibits homosexual behavior, but it seems to derive from stunted adult development. In that sense, his psychology is very child like. He feels discomfort in sexual situations with women, but completely at ease around men. He sort of reminds me of Michael Jackson in that way.

mchekhov wrote:christoph, its not out in the states yet. Comes out in December.

To those who have seen the movie, whats your take on Hoover's sexuality?
I'm not sure I can classify him as a homosexual. He exhibits homosexual behavior, but it seems to derive from stunted adult development. In that sense, his psychology is very child like. He feels discomfort in sexual situations with women, but completely at ease around men. He sort of reminds me of Michael Jackson in that way.
He was...

I saw this on Friday. It's a very good film and Leo's best performance ever till date.

You have worked with Spielberg, Nolan, Eastwood, Mendes, Boyle, Cameron, not to mention you are a regular with Scorsese. Is there anyone left on your list?

There are a lot of directors I’d still love to work with. Paul Thomas Anderson is someone I’d love to work with. I think Alejandro González Iñárritu is very talented. Ang Lee is very talented. I mean, there are a lot of people. There are many great directors out there.
Wasn't it recently reported that alejandro was trying to get leo to star in his next film?
Looks like it might happen.

just read that Oscar Buzz for his performance is dying down. Many critics are saying he will most likely be dropped out of the top 5 within the next few weeks

mchekhov wrote:just read that Oscar Buzz for his performance is dying down. Many critics are saying he will most likely be dropped out of the top 5 within the next few weeks
:(
Why you lurking my page brah?

mchekhov wrote:just read that Oscar Buzz for his performance is dying down. Many critics are saying he will most likely be dropped out of the top 5 within the next few weeks
Source?