Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I must admit seeing Infinity War and Endgame back to back made me appreciate IW much more. I'm very conflicted about Endgame. Saw it twice (9 hours apart), so it hasn't set in yet.

Great opening and the final act is just so EPIC and HUGE. Unfortunately, some unexpected idiot retweeted a very big spoiler out of nowhere which kind of ruined the most emotional part of the movie for me. Why do people do that?

It's funny how most people sat until the end (me included) only to find out there are not end/post credit scenes.

LelekPL wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:51 pm
I don't think people around here are so insecure that they can't like both films.

I love Logan almost as equally as TDK, TDKR and BB, so if I added a fifth film to my all-time top five superhero movies that would be great.
Jesus Nolan's Fanboy. TDKR was a POS. It's on Michael Bay level of a POS. As much as I love most of Nolan's films. TDKR was one of the worst POS that I have ever watch on almost all level of bad.

LEXX wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 3:49 pm
LelekPL wrote:
I don't think people around here are so insecure that they can't like both films.

I love Logan almost as equally as TDK, TDKR and BB, so if I added a fifth film to my all-time top five superhero movies that would be great.
Jesus Nolan's Fanboy. TDKR was a POS. It's on Michael Bay level of a POS. As much as I love most of Nolan's films. TDKR was one of the worst POS that I have ever watch on almost all level of bad.
Okay, I now take my words back about users on this site being level-headed and not like the dudebros on comicbookmovie.

LEXX wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

LEXX wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

bro....do you know what site this is???????????

Artemis wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:16 pm
LEXX wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

This is the problem with some the "fanboys" defending a shit movie(s). Those are the worst fanboys. I'm also a fanboy of other directors but at least I'm going to call them out when one of their movie(s) isn't to their standard.

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm
LEXX wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

Okay, I now take my words back about users on this site being level-headed and not like the dudebros on comicbookmovie.
LMAO. Nolan tries to make his Batman movie as realistic as possible. Let's Bane(with no super human power) punch a solid brick wall with his bare fist and turning it to rubbles. That's just one of the many many problem with the movie that was laughably bad. One of the worst fight/action choreography ever. That's what happen when you have a director with an ego who doesn't do many takes.

This is the problem with some the "fanboys" defending a shit movie
Did you even bother to look up what I say about Rises? I always preface that the movie isn't perfect and I understand why it's hated by so many. Here's the first thing I wrote about this movie after I joined the site: "It's overblown and has some very basic editing mistakes." I acknowledge the flaws. I don't try to excuse them. I don't try to find excuses for the way Talia's death was handled, or how there are terrible extras in some shots. But I still like the movie and consider it to be one of the few good end-chapters in the superhero movie genre.
LMAO. Nolan tries to make his Batman movie as realistic as possible.
Now that's some BS. On the official documentary for TDK trilogy Nolan blatantly explains that his aim was never to make a hyper-realistic movie. His aim was to make a believable word. A cinematic reality, not direct reality. This world doesn't have characters like Killer Croc or Clayface, but it has some of the wacky comic book gadgets that can't exist in real life.
One of the worst fight/action choreography ever.
Dude, this horse has been beaten to death and there's not even a carcass left. Yes, TDK trilogy does not have the most exciting, well-filmed fight scenes. Yes, there are movies and superhero movies that have a much better executed fight scenes. Yes, there are bad takes with guys falling down for no reason. Been there, done that. But that doesn't make or break the movie. The same way a comic drawn by Neal Adams will not look as cinematic and realistic as an Alex Ross comic, but at the end of the day it's about the story and how the art style serves the story and I can enjoy comics with different art styles that don't look alike even if some art styles aren't that visually impressive compared to others.
That's what happen when you have a director with an ego who doesn't do many takes.
Technical flaws don't diminish a movie for me. I love the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man, but that movie is filled with bad script supervising. Like when Peter goes after the guy who killed his uncle, and after he punches him through the glass in the warehouse, the guy loses his gun, but then in the next shot he has gun in his hand again. Or the most prominent example of what is one of the best movies ever made: The fight between Carlo and Sonny in The Godfather is worse than any fight scene in TDK trilogy. The actors are fighting the space around them, not each other. Or the killings in the restaurant, when Michael shoots one of the mafia bosses in the head, and there's an establishing shot right before he pulls the trigger, in which you can see that the bloody dot on the actors' head appears before Michael shoots him. Nobody is immune to mistakes.

And it's not about ego. Nolan and ego should not be in the same sentence. If Nolan actually had an ego, he would be acting like it, saying that he is superior to everyone else and his style is brilliant. He would be like Ridley Scott, pretty much,. If Nolan had an ego, the first thing he would do after Dark Knight got nominated for 8 Academy Awards was to shit on Schumacher's era of Batman and say how he saved this franchise and made it from one of the worst things into one of the best things. Which he didn't do, because he respects people and their work, even if he doesn't like it. So cut the bullshit.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on April 24th, 2019, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 5:09 pm
This is the problem with some the "fanboys" defending a shit movie

Did you even bother to look up what I say about Rises? I always preface that the movie isn't perfect and I understand why it's hated by so many. Here's the first thing I wrote about this movie after I joined the site: "It's overblown and has some very basic editing mistakes." I acknowledge the flaws. I don't try to excuse them. I don't try to find excuses for the way Talia's death was handled, or how there are terrible extras in some shots. But I still like the movie and consider it to be one of the few good end-chapters in the superhero movie genre. Technical flaws don't diminish a movie for me. I love the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man, but that movie is filled with bad script supervising. Like when Peter goes after the guy who killed his uncle, and after he punches him through the glass in the warehouse, the guy loses his gun, but then in the next shot he has gun in his hand again. Or the most prominent example of what is one of the best movies ever made: The fight between Carlo and Sonny in The Godfather is worse than any fight scene in TDK trilogy. The actors are fighting the space around them, not each other. Or the killings in the restaurant, when Michael shoots one of the mafia bosses in the head, and there's an establishing shot right before he pulls the trigger, in which you can see that the bloody dot on the actors' head appears before Michael shoots him. Nobody is immune to mistakes.
LMAO. Nolan tries to make his Batman movie as realistic as possible.

Now that's some BS. On the official documentary for TDK trilogy Nolan blatantly explains that his aim was never to make a hyper-realistic movie. His aim was to make a believable word. A cinematic reality, not direct reality. This world doesn't have characters like Killer Croc or Clayface, but it has some of the wacky comic book gadgets that can't exist in real life.
One of the worst fight/action choreography ever.
Dude, this horse has been beaten to death and there's not even a carcass left. Yes, TDK trilogy does not have the most exciting, well-filmed fight scenes. Yes, there are movies and superhero movies that have a much better executed fight scenes. Yes, there are bad takes with guys falling down for no reason. Been there, done that. But that doesn't make or break the movie. The same way a comic drawn by Neal Adams will not look as cinematic and realistic as an Alex Ross comic, but at the end of the day it's about the story and how the art style serves the story and I can enjoy comics with different art styles that don't look alike even if some art styles aren't that visually impressive compared to others.
That's what happen when you have a director with an ego who doesn't do many takes.
It's not about ego. Nolan and ego should not be in the same sentence. If Nolan actually had an ego, he would be acting like it, saying that he is superior to everyone else and his style is brilliant. He would be like Ridley Scott, pretty much, who defends some of his shitty editing choices, like the terrible double-take shot of the android's head in the first Alien. If Nolan had an ego, the first thing he would do after Dark Knight got nominated for 8 Academy Awards was to shit on Schumacher's era of Batman and say how he saved this franchise and made it from one of the worst things into one of the best things. Which he didn't do, because he respects people and their work, even if he doesn't like it. So cut the bullshit.
Well at least you are a level headed Nolan's fan. My problem is with people who is defending TDKR and giving it a pass and being totally bias toward other films. Stop putting it on the same level as BB and TDK because I'm not going to take you seriously when someone place TDKR as one of their top comic book movie.

LEXX wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Artemis wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:16 pm
LEXX wrote:

This is the problem with some the "fanboys" defending a shit movie(s). Those are the worst fanboys. I'm also a fanboy of other directors but at least I'm going to call them out when one of their movie(s) isn't to their standard.

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm
LEXX wrote:

LMAO. Nolan tries to make his Batman movie as realistic as possible. Let's Bane(with no super human power) punch a solid brick wall with his bare fist and turning it to rubbles. That's just one of the many many problem with the movie that was laughably bad. One of the worst fight/action choreography ever. That's what happen when you have a director with an ego who doesn't do many takes.
Hello Rifa my old friend

What have you don to this thread ahead of premiere. Ban these fuckers already.