Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:58 pm
bacon im going to help you out (big spoilers)
zero movies with time travel make sense, stop caring so much about this kind of shit

-Vader
THIS.

Allstar wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Vader182 wrote:
zero movies with time travel make sense, stop caring so much about this kind of shit

-Vader
THIS.
It's actually a disservice to BTTF, Terminator, Looper to compare their time-travel logic to Endgame. Sure, there's always a paradox, but it's integrated with relative intelligence. Here it's completely convoluted from beginning to end. And I love the film, but the time-travel is particularly messy

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Wrong. Endgame was just lazy and messy writing. Don't be totally disservice to some well made movies out there with using that premise. But I'm fine with it since it will keep MCU from being boring.

Examples:
Primer
Timecrimes
Terminator
Looper
The Time Machine(60s)
BTTF
Groundhog Day
End Of Tomorrow

X-Men: Days of Future Past(KISS)

Last Warning(movies you might not have seen yet):
Arrival
Donnie Darko
Source Code
Last edited by LEXX on April 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Best MCU film for my money. Some of it didn’t make sense to me but I’ve only seen it once so I’m not sure if that’s on me or if it’s the film’s fault. But it’s a nitpick because the relationships, the arcs for every character and FFS FINALLY major risks were taken in this movie. It made Infinity War worth it.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Allstar wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
THIS.
It's actually a disservice to BTTF, Terminator, Looper to compare their time-travel logic to Endgame. Sure, there's always a paradox, but it's integrated with relative intelligence. Here it's completely convoluted from beginning to end. And I love the film, but the time-travel is particularly messy
they do try to over explain it at times for sure.

@Vader & whoever: It's NOT stopping my enjoyment or appreciation of the film at all. I was just responding to the statement that
it does make sense.

Love how Allstar two pages ago backs up a statement that the film follows its own rules and makes sense with its logic, only to completely indirectly agree with me by saying it doesn't have to.
Last edited by Bacon on April 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fair enough.

-Vader

yes I’m sure no one here has seen Arrival lmao

it’s like a parody that keeps on writing itself

Vader182 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm
Fair enough.

-Vader
Important edit to my post. Typed it out on mobile and it deleted the "not". :facepalm:

This is top-tier MCU and top-tier superhero filmmaking. The stuff they pulled off here is impossible and Return of the King levels of achievement, and I don't say that lightly.

I wasn't contradicting anything. I was just agreeing there is not set rules to time travel and it is best not to overthink it.