Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There's alchemy in this film - the first real action blockbuster that also functions completely as a weepie. Both times I've seen it there's been open sobbing. That's how you hit that rich vein of Titanic gold.

Alan Silvestri does amazing work here btw and should absolutely get a nod.

Those figures are just insane. It's breaking records left right and centre. Think it'll surpass Avatar after next weekend, maybe even before.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 12:22 pm
$145,804,000 domestically for a total of $619 million in 12 days, topping $2.1 billion worldwide.
Though, we'll only have confirmation Monday, since it's pretty close, it seems its second weekend is lower than SW7, so that's a record they wouldn't beat, probably the only one.
Also I've read quite a few tweets from critics recently about the reactions towards the film, and I think MZS sums up my concerns best in this thread:
https://twitter.com/mattzollerseitz/sta ... 0500225025

@Armand I was quite surprised by how original Silvestri's approach was. I don't think his previous efforts for the MCU took such liberties with blockbuster rules, it was definitely refreshing.
Last edited by Demoph on May 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LucianoGotti wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 12:45 pm
Those figures are just insane. It's breaking records left right and centre. Think it'll surpass Avatar after next weekend, maybe even before.
I never thought it would be possible.

So between Carol and
Wanda
, who seemed more powerful against
Thanos ?

This film infinitely deserves the top box office spot over Avatar.

@Rudinet:
Wanda. It mattered more to her.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 12:44 pm
There's alchemy in this film - the first real action blockbuster that also functions completely as a weepie. Both times I've seen it there's been open sobbing. That's how you hit that rich vein of Titanic gold.

Alan Silvestri does amazing work here btw and should absolutely get a nod.
cosign. if a movie can make an audience cheer and laugh and cry, often minutes apart, you know it works.

Wish the score wasn't so low in the mix, which is par for the course for the MCU, but it's maybe the best score of the franchise.

-Vader

if you go to the twitter thread demoph linked and click on original article and read the author’s review on endgame it’s a wild trip ngl.

FiLm Is DyInG!!!!!!! ReAl ArT iS dEaD!!1!1! oh my goooooooord

Ruth wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm
if you go to the twitter thread demoph linked and click on original article and read the author’s review on endgame it’s a wild trip ngl.

FiLm Is DyInG!!!!!!! ReAl ArT iS dEaD!!1!1! oh my goooooooord
This one?

https://letterboxd.com/estherrosenfiel/ ... s-endgame/

Rudinet wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 1:06 pm
So between Carol and
Wanda
, who seemed more powerful against
Thanos ?
Guess they're almost equal in power. Since Carol is powered by the space stone and Wanda by the reality stone... Then again, that means Carol can actually fly through space and I don't think Wanda can.

Anyway, Wanda was fuelled by her hatred towards Thanos. Carol was just... There.