Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
People are honestly overlooking how uncomfortable Cheadle seems with her as well. She touches him at one point and he says quietly under the breath something along the lines of "we already talked about the touching..." quietly when her and Hemsworth are joking.

Forum Pro
Law
Bacon wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:18 pm
People are honestly overlooking how uncomfortable Cheadle seems with her as well. She touches him at one point and he says quietly under the breath something along the lines of "we already talked about the touching..." quietly when her and Hemsworth are joking.
Link these interviews please

Law wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:18 pm
Link these interviews please
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyRTNQfkDAQ

I honestly think people are blowing this out of proportion. Especially the whole Tom Cruise comment. It's obviously just banter taken out of context and if you connect it to the clip released which showed
tension between Thor/Rhodey and Carol
it makes sense.

Forum Pro
Law
Okay so I'm halfway through the interview... is it me or is it quite obvious that all 3 of them are in on the "treat Brie like the newbie"? They even mention that she's still in the hazing period.

EDIT: Yeah it's 100% just banter. They probably caught wind of how the internet was going nuts over that interview and unfollowed each other to keep it going.

Idk it did seem like a hazing phase but I’m unsure tbh. The “touching” thing with Cheadle did seem very suspect. Also they can’t be unaware of the backlash she’s handling atm, so why fuel that and make everybody hate her even harder. I’m aware celebs often troll fans and use drama for their own gain, but the amount of hate Larson gets kinda crossed the line a long time ago, imo, at this point I’d never want to willingly just throw her to the wolves like this

I haven’t followed Brie’s career tbh, so I can’t really say whether or not I think she’s changed. I just remember finding her extremely likable around 2012/2013. But who knows. It’s difficult to talk about this without (even accidentally) delving into misogyny territory. Even if she “changed” or doesn’t get along with some of her cast members or has “a big ego”, I’d never want to give trolls additional ammo and “support” bc none of this should’ve really mattered that much in the first place and she def doesn’t deserve personal attacks.

Cheadle doesn't exactly seem like he's bantering like normal. I thought it was all hearsay until I saw that. You can read their body language, and it screams them all being uncomfortable to me. Could be wrong.

Bacon wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:58 pm
Cheadle doesn't exactly seem like he's bantering like normal. I thought it was all hearsay until I saw that. You can read their body language, and it screams them all being uncomfortable to me. Could be wrong.
Yeah. my initial opinion was based on that twitter clip with the tom cruise thing in it only. After you see the full interview....it’s still hard to judge really, but def awkward. ESP with Cheadle’s comment which I didn’t expect.

It's odd. Brie is one one hand quite professional and grateful about being in on this franchise which has been going on for a long time already and that it was all very new to her and on the other hand she tries to act a bit cool like "I do my own stunts" and "pretty sure that capt. Marvel is the most powerful avenger" or something like that. I mean, this whole back and forth this doesn't seem to go very smoothly nor with any chemistry but idk, I don't see very much else to it than that. So maybe they just really don't go along, but so what?

Oku
1. Has any reputable site run a story on this purported conflict/drama?

2. Is there any actual proof of the Twitter unfollowing, which is the only 'concrete' (relatively speaking) evidence that has been brought up? They could have just simply never been following each other.

Until either one of these two things happen, this has got to be one of the biggest non-stories that I've ever seen!