Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Yeah but Tom Cruise's top movie (or even top 3 movies for that matter) are 'Tom Cruise Movies' while Brie's top movie is a Marvel movie.
^he's right you know

Pratham wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Yeah but Tom Cruise's top movie (or even top 3 movies for that matter) are 'Tom Cruise Movies' while Brie's top movie is a Marvel movie.
While Brie's top movie is a Marvel movie, she was still the lead of a billion dollar movie and very few actors can claim that they were the lead in a movie that grossed so much.

But your post also points out another thing going on in the industry, aside from Tom Cruise and The Rock, no actor is able to open a movie at the box office based on name alone.

I think DiCaprio was one of the main reasons The Revenant made such a crazy amount of money

I know not all his movies made a lot of money but still

Artemis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 2:54 pm
aside from Tom Cruise and The Rock, no actor is able to open a movie at the box office based on name alone.
Yeah, I’m sure The Revenant would have made over 500 million without Leo. If anything Cruise has many flops these days outside of MI. And DiCaprio doesn’t resort to being an action junkie and still a bigger draw, way more impressive.

Allstar wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Artemis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 2:54 pm
aside from Tom Cruise and The Rock, no actor is able to open a movie at the box office based on name alone.
Yeah, I’m sure The Revenant would have made over 500 million without Leo. If anything Cruise has many flops these days outside of MI. And DiCaprio doesn’t resort to being an action junkie and still a bigger draw, way more impressive.
Nothing wrong with being an action junkie though.

EDIT: forgive me for not mentioning DiCaprio in my post. His last film was a long long long while ago so it's been some time since he's been at the forefront of my mind. So thank you for reminding me LeonardoDiCaprioismyboyfie42069 :P

I was looking at the domestic returns on box office mojo for Cruise and DiCaprio, and I think they are both rather similar? Some duds, some middle of the road, and some fantastic. I like both actors and I think they're both great at what they do. I think the real test of Cruise's name would be how well will the MI films do if he wasn't the lead?

Hemsworth is canceled.

So, this coming from out of nowhere, but is Brie Larson really as “hostile” as she seems in some of the interviews?

Maybe it’s they way they were just clips put together by someone who doesn’t like her to make her look bad; but she seemed like someone not many people wanted to be around in some of the interviews I’ve seen with her and the cast. Whenever I’ve seen interviews with the cast members together they always seemed to get along but some of the interviews I’ve seen with her and a costar in Endgame make it look like the costar really doesn’t want to be there lol.

Edit: Holy shit I just watched that full ET interview; no way in hell is she easy to work with lol. If you don’t see tension during it your aren’t looking. Brie comes off as someone who has a giant chip on her shoulder but no way was that just playful banter.
Last edited by Master Virgo on April 18th, 2019, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posting

PowerDump wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 3:08 am
So, this coming from out of nowhere, but is Brie Larson really as “hostile” as she seems in some of the interviews?

Maybe it’s they way they were just clips put together by someone who doesn’t like her to make her look bad; but she seemed like someone not many people wanted to be around in some of the interviews I’ve seen with her and the cast. Whenever I’ve seen interviews with the cast members together they always seemed to get along but some of the interviews I’ve seen with her and a costar in Endgame make it look like the costar really doesn’t want to be there lol.
I'm sort of but not really surprised that you people are still playing this game. It's over bruv. You lost this one. Is it not the time to move on with your lives already?£

PowerDump wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 3:47 am
Holy shit I just watched that full ET interview; no way in hell is she easy to work with lol. If you don’t see tension during it your aren’t looking. Brie comes off as someone who has a giant chip on her shoulder but no way was that just playful banter.
Of course, all of the ridiculous thumbnail YT videos saying Hems ‘HATES’ her are exactly that - ridiculous, but we’ve seen tons of playful interviews with the cast over the year and in this one you can just feel a) the immediacy in which Hems decides to poke at her because he knows exactly how she’ll react and b) her more than serious snap at him. It’s both verbal and nonverbal signs and I’ve noticed one prevalent behavior in several videos she’s been in since Cap Marvel: she does not fuck around and, when you compare her with MCU colleagues, some humility and grace is advised. Girl, you got lucky with that Oscar and no, you’re not Tom Cruise because nobody is (and whoever says he’s just ‘action junkie’ doesn’t understand the level of commitment we’re talking here). Basically, I’m saying she’s flying way too high these days and we all know what happened to Icarus.

m4st4 wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 4:03 am
PowerDump wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 3:47 am
Holy shit I just watched that full ET interview; no way in hell is she easy to work with lol. If you don’t see tension during it your aren’t looking. Brie comes off as someone who has a giant chip on her shoulder but no way was that just playful banter.
Of course, all of the ridiculous thumbnail YT videos saying Hems ‘HATES’ her are exactly that - ridiculous, but we’ve seen tons of playful interviews with the cast over the year and in this one you can just feel a) the immediacy in which Hems decides to poke at her because he knows exactly how she’ll react and b) her more than serious snap at him. It’s both verbal and nonverbal signs and I’ve noticed one prevalent behavior in several videos she’s been in since Cap Marvel: she does not fuck around and, when you compare her with MCU colleagues, some humility and grace is advised. Girl, you got lucky with that Oscar and no, you’re not Tom Cruise because nobody is (and whoever says he’s just ‘action junkie’ doesn’t understand the level of commitment we’re talking here). Basically, I’m saying she’s flying way too high these days and we all know what happened to Icarus.
There’s one part that got me, was her saying, “I feel like we’re fighting right now, I feel like it’s been an all day thing”.

Chris sort of whispers, to her when she’s laughing, “You’ve stolen the torch, and taken over”. Like it’s very quiet and you have to pay attention too it, and it wasn’t a response to something it was just said in a low enough voice so she couldn’t hear it lol.