Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DreamPolice wrote:I'm dying for teaser trailer of this film.

Hell, I wouldn't care it was a footage-less one. I just want a trailer.
Ask and ye shall receive. A star trek teaser with zero footage.

solo2001 wrote:

Wow. You take things quite literally.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

solo2001 wrote:

Well ha-bloody-ha.

Star Trek's a fun adventure. It's hardly a masterpiece, but people complaining are quite pedantic Abram haters.
I'm pumped fo the sequel.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/07/09/star-tr ... -revealed/
At a promotional junket for Dredd, Karl Urban looks to have let slip to SFX who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing in the forthcoming Star Trek sequel. When asked what it was like having the Sherlock actor on set, Urban said:

“He’s awesome, he’s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.”

Coming towards the end of a lengthy interview primarily concerned with his role in Dredd, it appears that Urban has accidentally revealed a much sought-after piece of information. Speculation about the principal villain has generally had Khan in the frame to take on the crew of the Enterprise second time round, but Urban seems to have unintentionally confirmed otherwise.

It’s exciting news – if it’s true. For the uninitiated, Gary Mitchell first appeared in original series episode “Where No Man Has Gone Before” as an old academy acquaintance of Kirk who ends up transformed into a wrathful God-like antagonist after encountering the galactic barrier.

Of course, there’s always the chance that this is an enormous red herring planted by the wily Urban on an unsuspecting SF journo. Gary Mitchell has already appeared in this iteration of the Trek universe courtesy of issue #2 of IDW’s Star Trek comic, and perhaps more importantly has been explicitly denied any part in Trek 2 by co-writer and producer Roberto Orci in a recent interview.

oracle86 wrote: Karl Urban looks to have let slip to SFX who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing in the forthcoming Star Trek sequel.

JJ is going to kill him.

Gary Mitchell? Well...that came out of nowhere.

STAR TRE WIKI
The Gary Mitchell from the alternate reality created by Nero appears in the first two issues of the IDW Star Trek series; having been assigned to the Enterprise on Kirk's request, Mitchell again succumbs to the barrier's influence- a mind-meld performed by Spock confirms that there is no intelligence in Mitchell after the barrier takes over-,
but during the confrontation on Delta Vega, while Mitchell is tormenting Kirk, he is defeated when Spock sneaks up on the occupied Mitchell and delivers a Vulcan nerve pinch, incapacitating Mitchell long enough for his real self to take over and ask Kirk to kill him

SON

No wonder why JJ freaked when those set pics leaked.

SDCC '12: Karl Urban Teases STAR TREK 2 Footage Debut At Comic-Con
The actor reveals that some "exclusive footage" for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel will be shown before the end of Comic-Con this week. He also responds to prior comments concerning the film's villain (played by Benedict Cumberbatch)
Urban suggests that (contrary to prior reports) footage from the highly anticipated sequel will in fact debut at the Con."I can promise you that before the end of Comic-Con, some exclusive Star Trek footage, it's going to come out. You're going to find it. It's going to come out." A few weeks back, co-writer Alex Kurtzman said that Star Trek 2 (not the final title) wouldn't be featured at this year's SDCC due to the fact that the film has recently finished production. Could Paramount be planning a surprise panel after all?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=63636

eromero wrote:SDCC '12: Karl Urban Teases STAR TREK 2 Footage Debut At Comic-Con
The actor reveals that some "exclusive footage" for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel will be shown before the end of Comic-Con this week. He also responds to prior comments concerning the film's villain (played by Benedict Cumberbatch)
Urban suggests that (contrary to prior reports) footage from the highly anticipated sequel will in fact debut at the Con."I can promise you that before the end of Comic-Con, some exclusive Star Trek footage, it's going to come out. You're going to find it. It's going to come out." A few weeks back, co-writer Alex Kurtzman said that Star Trek 2 (not the final title) wouldn't be featured at this year's SDCC due to the fact that the film has recently finished production. Could Paramount be planning a surprise panel after all?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=63636
Fuck yeah! Hopefully - it leaks. :clap:

Karl Urban Unveiling Exclusive STAR TREK 2 Footage!

:tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited: