The Great Gatsby (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I love Baz Luhrmann. This should be good! :-)

Great choice. I think she'd be a perfect Daisy. :-)

allstarr55js wrote:Carey Mulligan won the role of Daisy.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/baz-tel ... -buchanan/
She's great but I can't see Leo trying to get her affection. I don't know. It will just be weird. Kinda like Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks being a couple.

Still there both great so it will prob work.
Say Girl

Wow being made on a 130 million dollar budget and in 3D. :think: Uhhh Talli I thought this was canceled?
Australian filmmaker Baz Luhrmann will start shooting his 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby in Sydney later this year, reports The New Zealand Herald.

The film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan, starts pre-production in March with 17 weeks of filming starting in August, followed by 30 weeks of post-production.

The newspaper adds that an "estimated 275 crew will be employed during pre-production, more than 400 cast and crew will be employed during principal photography, and an estimated 150 post production and visual effects crew will also be employed."

Warner Bros. Pictures is backing the Bazmark Films production and filming will primarily take place at Fox Studios, though shooting will also happen in other parts of New South Wales.

First published in 1925, The Great Gatsby is set in Long Island's North Shore and New York City during the summer of 1922. It is the story of the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan, of lavish parties on Long Island at a time when "gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession."
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1EULdkNUj

allstarr55js wrote:and in 3D.

haha cannot say I am surprised by that reaction.

Australian filmmaker Baz Luhrmann will start shooting his 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby in Sydney later this year, reports The New Zealand Herald.

And my hate for Baz Luhrmann festers and grows even more.