The Great Gatsby (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

As someone who is most certainly not a fan of Baz and has not read the novel, should I spend money to go see this? Or should I read the book first or what?

CinematicIllusions wrote:As someone who is most certainly not a fan of Baz and has not read the novel, should I spend money to go see this? Or should I read the book first or what?
Yeah, you should probably read the book to make sure that something about this appeals to you.

Just came back from seeing this. I loved this movie and thought the cast gave really good performances including Tobey Maguire who I thought would be the weakest part.

Sandy wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Jesus how old is Carey Mulligan (edit: 27!) She is NOT going to age well. Oh well. i actually prefer more mature looking faces, without the botox/surgery/caps etc (see: Lena Headey - hot but real), but this poor girl's window to play twenty-somethings is rapidly closing. I guess being petite will help.
Yeah she looked liek 50 or something in GAtsby and it really brought me out of the movie.
I wonder if this guy and Jaxteller are the same person?

Saw it over a week ago. Loved it. Dicaprio and Edgerton were fantastic. Leo proved everyone right that hes perfect for Gatsby. I saw it in 3D but didnt notice any difference. :? Aside from the score and some of the obvious things about the style I had no problems with it. Although you do get used to it since it is a bit long.
"When art imitates life"

Sorry if this has been posted already.

oracle86 wrote:Sorry if this has been posted already.

:lol: Awesome. He's so handsome in Gatsby. Goddammit... Great performance.

Fuckin' hated Daisy though. I don't blame Mulligan but the character was annoying.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image
What a fucking boss.
Brave New World