The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Meh.

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Aside from the misinformation spread about the EPIC's resolution, good video. Glad to get an up close look at his rigs.
Any more confident about 48fps yet?

-Vader
Nope. I'm a little less uneasy given I've been shooting a lot of 60fps lately, but it's going to be extremely awkward on the big screen for the first time, in 3D no less. We'll see.

Looks like this will be the first time A/Vphiles will flock to a D-IMAX instead of a 15/65 IMAX.

For all you LOTR fans out there.....
Serkis, who is again doing the performance capture for Gollum and is a second unit director on the films, said "There will be a trailer fairly soon, actually. Around Christmas time, I believe."
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:For all you LOTR fans out there.....
Serkis, who is again doing the performance capture for Gollum and is a second unit director on the films, said "There will be a trailer fairly soon, actually. Around Christmas time, I believe."
YAY thankyou Peter Jackson, you are too kind to us.

DoubleD wrote:For all you LOTR fans out there.....
AWWWWW YEAHHHH

Hell yeah. Hopefully he releases a 48fps file as well.

Even though I'm not a fan at all, and I'm not terribly excited by this, I'm still intrigued to see some footage. The trailer will be a welcome addition to December's line-up.

Mason wrote:Even though I'm not a fan at all, and I'm not terribly excited by this, I'm still intrigued to see some footage. The trailer will be a welcome addition to December's line-up.
How are you not excited about this? Do you have a pulse?
Are you a fan of the books at all or does it just not interest you?

anonymity wrote:
Mason wrote:Even though I'm not a fan at all, and I'm not terribly excited by this, I'm still intrigued to see some footage. The trailer will be a welcome addition to December's line-up.
I'm not a fan of the Lord of the Rings films at all, never have been really. I'm not that keen on the books either, so apart from the talent involved in this film, I'm not excited at all.

Mason wrote:
anonymity wrote:
I'm not a fan of the Lord of the Rings films at all, never have been really. I'm not that keen on the books either, so apart from the talent involved in this film, I'm not excited at all.
Oh damn.