The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
solo2001 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:The art design is leaving me increasingly skeptical...

-Vader
They're noticeably more cartoonish than in LOTR. :think:
Yeah I have been pretty underwhelmed by all these photos, but its tough for some these characters to live up to my image of them.

The new production video is awesome!
I think the dwarves look much better on set that they did in the promo pics. They're starting to grow on me. :D

Is Peter Jackson putting on weight again? Apparently he can't do a LOTR movie without looking like a hobbit. :lol:

I agree that the dwarfs look better in motion, the promo shots have been photoshopped to hell and back. But I still miss that 'lived-in' quality that the costumes and overall look of the LOTR movies had.

loop wrote:Is Peter Jackson putting on weight again? Apparently he can't do a LOTR movie without looking like a hobbit. :lol:
Exactly. LOTR - he looked fat. The Hobbit - looks skinny then fat. PJ make up your mind. :lol:

That was great... I won't lie, this is starting to rival my anticipation for TDKR at this moment.

By the time this comes out, TDKR will be on DVD. :P

Words cannot describe how much I love the original LOTR trilogy, yet for some reason I'm not getting as excited about this as I am with TDKR. It's not that I don't want to see it or I'm afraid it's going to be bad - I'm sure it'll be brilliant - it's just that I'm not hyping it up all that much, I'm just going to wait until it comes out and enjoy it as much as I did with the others.

christophmac wrote:Words cannot describe how much I love the original LOTR trilogy, yet for some reason I'm not getting as excited about this as I am with TDKR. It's not that I don't want to see it or I'm afraid it's going to be bad - I'm sure it'll be brilliant - it's just that I'm not hyping it up all that much, I'm just going to wait until it comes out and enjoy it as much as I did with the others.
I'm trying to not get excited about TDKR so I won't be disappointed. I'm sort of indifferent to The Hobbit so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

Baconboy wrote:By the time this comes out, TDKR will be on Blu-ray. :P
Fixed.

solo2001 wrote:
christophmac wrote:Words cannot describe how much I love the original LOTR trilogy, yet for some reason I'm not getting as excited about this as I am with TDKR. It's not that I don't want to see it or I'm afraid it's going to be bad - I'm sure it'll be brilliant - it's just that I'm not hyping it up all that much, I'm just going to wait until it comes out and enjoy it as much as I did with the others.
I'm trying to not get excited about TDKR so I won't be disappointed. I'm sort of indifferent to The Hobbit so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.
Why would you be disappointed?