2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
on another forum im on we had a "bad ass movie characters bracket" and HAL went to the 3rd round out of like 5 :lol:

The Joker won btw :clap:

A lot of people don't realize that 2001 is an incredibly hopeful and life-affirming film. One scene often overlooked is when astronaut Bowman tries to enter HAL's memory core to disconnect him. Since HAL refuses to let him in, Bowman decides to use a safety mechanism - that's supposed to blow him out of the space pod - to propel him into the emergency airlock. This suggests humans' ability to innovate, to think outside of the box, which is one thing that machines can never do.

I just (tried to) watch it.And I was bored.Seriously.Then, after some googling I found that I am not alone.Some even say that you should read the book to really appreciate this movie.So I will read it, no doubt.
Reason I was bored because nothing happens during entire film.I am not someone who needs either action or sex to keep myself engaged.Dialogues will do just fine.
For me, 'The Man From Earth' is much better film than 2001 : A Space Odyssey.
gib sigs

I've been watching Freakazoid lately (ddddurrrhhhh) and one of their episodes had a little 2001: A Space Odyssey parody. :lol:

bruce_angier wrote:I just (tried to) watch it.And I was bored.Seriously.Then, after some googling I found that I am not alone.Some even say that you should read the book to really appreciate this movie.So I will read it, no doubt.
Reason I was bored because nothing happens during entire film.I am not someone who needs either action or sex to keep myself engaged.Dialogues will do just fine.
You are boring and repetitive. If you are looking for entertainment go rent a Roger Corman Sci-fi, his films definitely will keep you thoroughly engaged and entertained. (or any other B-movie in the video market).

hoho someone attacked the holy grail of movies

discoveringuy wrote:
bruce_angier wrote:I just (tried to) watch it.And I was bored.Seriously.Then, after some googling I found that I am not alone.Some even say that you should read the book to really appreciate this movie.So I will read it, no doubt.
You are boring and repetitive. If you are looking for entertainment go rent a Roger Corman Sci-fi, his films definitely will keep you thoroughly engaged and entertained. (or any other B-movie in the video market).
Thank you very much.
Just read what I've written.I am going to watch it again after reading the book.
And just out of curiosity, why did you suggested B-Movies? Because I mentioned never-heard-before film and called it better than 2001? I advise you to watch it.It's Sci-Fi 12 Angry Men.Just an entertaining discussion throughout the film.
gib sigs

Come on guys, don't hate on someone just because they don't love a movie you do. I love 2001 A Space Odyssey, but if someone else doesn't, then that's fine. There are plenty of movies that most people love that I'm pretty indifferent about.

Too many people are "Bored" these days. Negative aspect of this generation (my generation) is technology has spoiled us as a whole. No one wants to fucking work for anything or give anything the time of day, it all has to be so instantaneous. Then people wonder why ADD shit like Transformers makes a boat load of cash.

that isn't anything new. Rarely, high box office numbers ensured quality. Not nowadays, and not decades ago