Joaquin Phoenix may join Clint Eastwoods Hoover

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Arguing sexuality with Rohan in any capacity, whether it be in reality or in a film, is pointless. He's made his position clear and no matter how much evidence and logic we provide for him, he'll always be ignorant in thinking the way he does about homosexuality.

He's obviously not as comfortable with his sexuality as most, so I see no point in arguing with him. If Leo does end up portraying Hoover's cross dressing, homosexual side, props to him. It show's how comfortable he is with his sexuality and his maturity towards the subject.

Sounds interesting. That little publicity stunt with the whole shadey-Jesus look didn't exactly generate the hype he intended to have, but I'm just glad he's going back to film.

The Playlist did a script review a while back, and from what I understand, there are hints at Hoover's homosexuality but there is nothing overt (i.e. no cross-dressing to speak of).

Here's the link:

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... oover.html

I've been wanting to see Leo and Joaquin act together for some time now, so consider me really excited if this comes to pass.

I've always compared Joaquin and Leo together as actors, It'd be good to see them both together - plus, why hasn't Joaquin been in a Nolan film yet?

because he prefers to rap for 2 years

thrice wrote:because he prefers to rap for 2 years
hahahaha :lol:

CrazyEight wrote:Arguing sexuality with Rohan in any capacity, whether it be in reality or in a film, is pointless. He's made his position clear and no matter how much evidence and logic we provide for him, he'll always be ignorant in thinking the way he does about homosexuality.

He's obviously not as comfortable with his sexuality as most, so I see no point in arguing with him. If Leo does end up portraying Hoover's cross dressing, homosexual side, props to him. It show's how comfortable he is with his sexuality and his maturity towards the subject.
Well said. I really can't wait for the day Nolan writes a gay character because the reactions from some members of this board would be absolutely hilarious. Stupid and offensive, but still hilarious.
because he prefers to rap for 2 years
Pretending to rap. ;)

Joaquin Pheonix as Black Mask would be cool.