Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There is a beautiful parallel between the alive and dead characters:

Alive - Dead
Finch - Root (IT genius & mastermind)
Shaw - Reese (muscles)
Fusco - Carter (cops)

Don't know what would happen if things were different.

I knew my IMDB dreaming comment was a jinx, seeing now Return 0 drop from 10.0 on IMDB to 9.9. Ugh i hate that Ozymandias is the top rated episode, i watched it a while back, it wasn't even all that great.

Matt Fowler has just Posted Top 10 Person Of Interest Episodes Of All Time List

From Fowler

1: If-Then-Else
2: Return 0
3: The Devil's Share
4: 6741
5: Deus Ex Machina
6: The Day The World Went Away
7: The Crossing
8: Relevance
9: Firewall
10: RAM

Given the scores he has given some of these episodes, some of these placements are really shocking. Devil's Share and Deus Ex Machina cracking Top 5 and not Day The World Went Away is a doozy ( its #3 in my book ). RAM as fantastic as it is, believe it or not its one i tend to forget about and it usually never cracks my Top 10. Either Return 0 or 6741 would be #1 in my book.

Here's the link if you if you want to see the descriptions: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/29/ ... des?page=1

That list doesn't make sense since Fowler didn't give The Devil's Share and Deus Ex Machina a 10. I'm going to complain about that.

Jks, i'm not gonna give him shit because of that. :P But seriously, that's a nice list.

Havoc1st wrote:That list doesn't make sense since Fowler didn't give The Devil's Share and Deus Ex Machina a 10. I'm going to complain about that.

Jks, i'm not gonna give him shit because of that. :P But seriously, that's a nice list.
I saw people some people claiming because Sarah hasn't been active on social media about POI as much because they think she's upset about the decision to kill Root ( which pretty much ends the actual Root and Shaw relationship on screen together physically ) because Sarah has always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community as far back as her days on The L Word early in her career and that increased with POI, she has made that know in many interviews ( more so then Amy does ). But ever since Root was killed in 5x10 fans are claiming that the reason Sarah hasn't been on twitter alot or hasn't even really posted on instagram much is because she's not really trying to support the choice of killing Root. On top of Chris Fisher going on that huge rant after 5x10 and some fans found some of Nolans choice of words in a number of interviews he did after 5x10 to be out of bounds or disrespectful, and fans claim Sarah has been laying low on social media since finding out Root would be killed while filming S5 apart from an occasional tweet of picture.

Whats your guys opinions on this notion by fans about Sarah ? do you think its just wild conspiracies fans are coming up with crazy stuff ? I mean the part about her being a big supporter of LGBT Characters actually true but do you think she secretly hated the choice of 5x10 and has been avoiding supporting the episode on social media ? I don't know even for as big of an LGBT supporter she is these are wild claims. Maybe im reading too much into these claims and she's just been busy with her family :D
Last edited by thedarkshaw on June 30th, 2016, 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hillary Benefiel's found her next gig as well: Beyond on Freeform (the former ABC Family).
One-hour drama about Holden, a young man who wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now Holden must try and figure out what happened to him during those 12 years; how to survive a world that changed while he was gone; and answer the question: why did this happen to him?
Going by Andy Callahan's Twitter, think he's with FOX's Lethal Weapon as well (alongside Erik Mountain).
Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 30th, 2016, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisTilford wrote:Hillary Benefiel's found her next gig as well: Beyond on Freeform (the former ABC Family).
One-hour drama about Holden, a young man who wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now Holden must try and figure out what happened to him during those 12 years; how to survive a world that changed while he was gone; and answer the question: why did this happen to him?
Going by Andy Callahan's Twitter, think he's with FOX's Lethal Weapon as well (alongside Erik Mountain).
I still can't believe someone Green lit a Lethal Weapon show... Nothing against Erik or Andy of course but if its anything like the other highly touted buddy cop dramas on CBS the last two years like Battle Creek and Rush Hour. But then again Andy and Erik are Great writers ( from POI FAME ). That depends, Mountain has done good in the past but we all know the later years of POI he started to slip up but redeemed himself at the last minute with .EXE
Last edited by thedarkshaw on June 30th, 2016, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

I saw people some people claiming because Sarah hasn't been active on social media about POI as much because they think she's upset about the decision to kill Root ( which pretty much ends the actual Root and Shaw relationship on screen together physically ) because Sarah has always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community as far back as her days on The L Word early in her career and that increased with POI, she has made that know in many interviews ( more so then Amy does ). But ever since Root was killed in 5x10 fans are claiming that the reason Sarah hasn't been on twitter alot or hasn't even really posted on instagram much is because she's not really trying to support the choice of killing Root. On top of Chris Fisher going on that huge rant after 5x10 and some fans found some of Nolans choice of words in a number of interviews he did after 5x10 to be out of bounds or disrespectful, and fans claim Sarah has been laying low on social media since finding out Root would be killed while filming S5 apart from an occasional tweet of picture.

Whats your guys opinions on this notion by fans about Sarah ? do you think its just wild conspiracies fans are coming up with crazy stuff ? I mean the part about her being a big supporter of LGBT Characters actually true but do you think she secretly hated the choice of 5x10 and has been avoiding supporting the episode on social media ? I don't know even for as big of an LGBT supporter she is these are wild claims. Maybe im reading too much into these claims and she's just been busy with her family :D
Um...why do people care?

GeneMod wrote: Um...why do people care?
Some of them are very entitled. Really pisses me off to see posts which jump to conclusions without any facts. Twist the narrative so that it makes sense to them.

In response to Chase, Erik Mountain had a slip up just ONCE in recent times: Truth Be Told. While Terra Incognita was slightly extraneous, it was beautifully done. All of his other work, from Dead Reckoning to The Devil You Know, have been truly spectacular (especially Trojan Horse, Lethe, Death Benefit). And Panopticon is one of the best season premieres of the show.

ChrisTilford wrote:
GeneMod wrote: Um...why do people care?
Some of them are very entitled. Really pisses me off to see posts which jump to conclusions without any facts. Twist the narrative so that it makes sense to them.

In response to Chase, Erik Mountain had a slip up just ONCE in recent times: Truth Be Told. While Terra Incognita was slightly extraneous, it was beautifully done. All of his other work, from Dead Reckoning to The Devil You Know, have been truly spectacular (especially Trojan Horse, Lethe, Death Benefit). And Panopticon is one of the best season premieres of the show.
Forgot about some of those ( i was a huge fan of The Devil You Know, Death Benefit, and Dead Reckoning. Plus I really enjoyed Terra Incognita ). Didn't know that was his work. Lethal Weapon is going to be a test, the success of movie based shows this year haven't been great, but as a fan of their writing ( plus a Damon Wayans fan ) i hope it works. Kind of turning into movie based show overkill

CBS: Rush Hour Gone, Limitless Gone, Training Coming Next
FOX: Lethal Weapon coming, Exorcist coming
USA: Shooter coming, as well as having Queen Of The South based on the Telenovela series La Reina Del Sur.

Im highly interested to see what Denise The and Lucas O'Connor do next. Two best POI writers outside of Greg and Nolan if you ask me and truly left their mark on POI.