Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For Chris, (Prof. ?) Whistler and anybody else who may be interested,
How would you guys feel about a Kara Stanton cameo in my "redone" version of Karma?
P.S. For both of your remarks about making the intro longer, I would reiterate my point that this is a short, i.e. it will only be around 16-20 pages long. So I might, but don't expect a full 40 page script.

GeneMod wrote: How would you guys feel about a Kara Stanton cameo in my "redone" version of Karma?
Are you kidding? I WOULD LOVE THAT! Even imagined Kara's tutelage with Greer in China between 2010 & 2012 feature Martine, who'd have a hand in whipping her back into shape. Given what Greg mentioned that Martine was a witness to several atrocities within the Govt. during her tenure as an investigator, she could use that to help mold Kara into turning against the States as well. Playing into Greer's philosophy of the era of the nation states being over. I assume your take on her would be different in this context, & looking forward to seeing it.
P.S. For both of our remarks about making the intro longer, I would reiterate my point that this is a short, i.e. it will only be around 16-20 pages long. So I might, but don't expect a full 40 page script.
No problem with the story being short. It's just that for episodes with a title card, there's atleast 5-7 minutes of material preceding it. For a more streamlined approach, I'd recommend losing the title screen transition completely, and cut right to the chase (as it was done in Relevance, God Mode, The Devil's Share, RAM, Beta, & A House Divided). Though the ones for Relevance & RAM had the interrupted title sequence & Beta had a recap, once it got down to the story, they never stopped pushing forward.

Just my 2 cents. :)

And BTW Gene, did you end up finishing Ignis et Cruor?

watched Razgavor... i still fucking love that episode. Its one of my favorite non serialized episodes in the series. its just one i could always watch and its a ton for fun and a great crossover between the number/main arch. i wish jen could have made an appearance in a future episode, would have been a nice little moment for shaw, kind of like caleb and finch in yhwh. its funny, i remember when the episode aired, it was still early in season 3 pre endgame and the shaw hate at the time was incredible ( notably from reese and carter fans ) and i saw so many people who hated that she was front and center in Razgavor. shaws fans have grown alot since then which shocks me and makes me happy. but it was tough being a shaw fan back then.

Jen is my fav child POI.

Havoc1st wrote:Jen is my fav child POI.
mine too, i loved the connection between her and shaw especially the final scene between the two. i felt this style of POI worked more for shaw given her Axis II personality and the issues it presents more so then John in wolf and cub. i liked wolf and cub but i thought Razgavor was better. I love the rampage she went through to save jen... the shot of her holding the syringe's with that face was creepy as fuck. awesome episode for a non-arch centric episode. again i know some people act like the bar scene with carter was the only good thing, i think that's an unfair selfish way of thinking. im really glad the days of the crazy shaw hate from season 3 are damn near gone these days and shaw has actually gained alot of fans since.

Friend posted this on another forum:
The Machine laid low for a period of time at the end of last season . Root had to walk on the ledge to get her to help. We now know that during this time she was prepping for her imminent demise (the utility boxes on the poles, and the briefcase). As dramatic as it was, it seemed she let herself be cornered. So my wishful thinking is it was planned on her part (misdirection). Could she have left a Trojan horse to be picked up during Samaritan's rush to close in on her? Could there be more pieces of her spread out that the team will have to find to put her together again. She would not have risked falling into Samaritan's hands whole and intact I would think. My best little fantasy is that she is in Samaritan and will make it screw up and discredit it and Root and Harold will have to get her back out before they shut it down.
She did mention not knowing how to win, so all that could be done was allow herself to be decommissioned, so that she can eventually be rebuilt, hopefully with a more robust framework. What this person mentions of her being in Samaritan, could allude to the seven servers in its data farm in New Jersey. Much like the narrow AI Harold built into Beth Bridges' computer, what if the Machine's code is laying dormant in those servers, and when the time is right, it'll kick in?

Thought about this as a concept for the opening titles once The Machine's back-up: Have the UI switch back & forth with this one & Samaritan, like the ones in Fringe which shifted between the Red & Blue for episodes taking place in the current & the alternate universe. Up until the Machine's back, just use the title card.

POI's Reddit page also went private.

Dammit!

Men have gazed at the stars for millennia and wondered, whether there's a Deity up there silently directing their fate, and today for the first time they will be right , and world will be an undeniably better place. I love unique lines like that.

thedarkshaw wrote:Men have gazed at the stars for millennia and wondered, whether there's a Deity up there silently directing their fate, and today for the first time they will be right , and world will be an undeniably better place. I love unique lines like that.
Mine's this:

"Go home to your loved ones. Hold your daughter tight, because a new day is dawning. And those who impede progress - the disruptive, the aberrant - will be systematically purged from our society. There will be no mercy. No stay of execution. For some, this will be the end. But for others, a rebirth. A second chance to live the life they were designed for. Every life given a purpose. Samaritan will build a new world. A better world."

Too damn perfect. And also Djawadi's music as well.
Last edited by Havoc1st on July 4th, 2015, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.