Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:I'm glad Aasif Mandvi chose to submit for Guest Actor. Dude's the best number of the week yet.

With regards to the actor's submissions, here's what I think they could be:

Jim: Terra Incognita
Kevin: Wingman
Amy: The Cold War/M.I.A.
Michael: YHWH
wow i pretty much agree with all of the ones you listed. they make since. M.I.A is my favorite Root centric episode in the series when talking about Amy, Terra Incognita was a nice acting showcase for Jim, and YHWH for Michael... nobody dares argue that one lol.

thedarkshaw wrote: wow i pretty much agree with all of the ones you listed. they make since. M.I.A is my favorite Root centric episode in the series when talking about Amy, Terra Incognita was a nice acting showcase for Jim, and YHWH for Michael... nobody dares argue that one lol.
I considered The Cold War & M.I.A. for Amy cause she got to exhibit a lot of range in both:

410: Funny stuff with the Bear suit & Shaw, pseudo-kinky stuff with Lambert, and being the Voice of the Machine.
413: Fun material with "Chief Wick", Angry stuff with "Ms. Thompson", and almost a lost child in that closing scene.

Safe to guess that M.I.A. is her actual choice. Thank goodness for Lucas O'Connor & Kevin Bray...

ChrisTilford wrote:
thedarkshaw wrote: wow i pretty much agree with all of the ones you listed. they make since. M.I.A is my favorite Root centric episode in the series when talking about Amy, Terra Incognita was a nice acting showcase for Jim, and YHWH for Michael... nobody dares argue that one lol.
I considered The Cold War & M.I.A. for Amy cause she got to exhibit a lot of range in both:

410: Funny stuff with the Bear suit & Shaw, pseudo-kinky stuff with Lambert, and being the Voice of the Machine.
413: Fun material with "Chief Wick", Angry stuff with "Ms. Thompson", and almost a lost child in that closing scene.

Safe to guess that M.I.A. is her actual choice. Thank goodness for Lucas O'Connor & Kevin Bray...
i just want them to get something, 1 thing, is that so har ? i really don't any show out there as good as this one. its just amazing despite 4 top level masterpiece seasons of excellence that its still flying under many critics radars. hell, even cinematography, they way this show is shot is something of dark elegance.

ChrisTilford wrote:With regards to the actor's submissions, here's what I think they could be:

Jim: Terra Incognita
Kevin: Wingman
Amy: The Cold War/M.I.A.
Michael: YHWH
Skip could also work for Michael.

Off Topic: Man oh man i re-watched SnowPiercer today for the first time since last year... that just maybe one of my favorite films of all time. its been a year and its still just as good as i remember if not better the second time around. SnowPiercer is the type of films we need more of in the since that it really took people by surprise how excellent that film is. Tilda Swinton steals the show but This might be Chris Evans best acted role to date ( sorry avenger/captain fans ). Like i said, if not for The Raid 2 i would have ranked this as my best film of 2014 but 2nd is still worthy. This is one of those films i hope they find some bullshit excuse to try and make a sequel despite the ending. don't ever do a squeal, leave it alone!

Also Adria Arjona is getting the star role in the upcoming NBC show, Emerald City which is a dark re-imagining of the Wizard Of Oz. glad someone like her who is talented is finding lots of work fast. don't know if i'll watch that show but still.

ChrisTilford wrote: I considered The Cold War & M.I.A. for Amy cause she got to exhibit a lot of range in both:

I'd say Cold War > M.I.A... Except for cinematography and directing (Just because of those tracking shots Kevin Bray did). But Michael Offer did a really great job as well.

Havoc1st wrote: I'd say Cold War > M.I.A... Except for cinematography and directing (Just because of those tracking shots Kevin Bray did). But Michael Offer did a really great job as well.
But performance wise, Amy's better in M.I.A. in comparison.