Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
GeneMod wrote: That'd be great. Like, seriously awesome.
Either Star Trek or Altered Carbon. If Amy doesn't end up in the latter, hope Michael does. Both of 'em work independently on genre projects not by Jonah, & then reunite with him on Foundation.

Re-watched Synecdoche today... Man Sarah's performance in the interrogation scene was verbally reaching Jack Bauer levels of frightening before it ended. But that one line really hits your feels "Im angry that you have people you can love". Honestly that line really sends the whole scene to a deeper territory. That line tells you alot about Shaw, She loved Root. She wouldn't or literally couldn't admit or show that but its there and i think the fact that they lost Root and her mind/body won't give her the pleasure of truly showing the emotional outcry that she feels inside makes her angry. Its just as much of a curse in situations like Root Passing as it is a gift in the battlefield. Its disturbing and amazing honestly.

thedarkshaw wrote:Re-watched Synecdoche today... Man Sarah's performance in the interrogation scene was verbally reaching Jack Bauer levels of frightening before it ended. But that one line really hits your feels "Im angry that you have people you can love". Honestly that line really sends the whole scene to a deeper territory. That line tells you alot about Shaw, She loved Root. She wouldn't or literally couldn't admit or show that but its there and i think the fact that they lost Root and her mind/body won't give her the pleasure of truly showing the emotional outcry that she feels inside makes her angry. Its just as much of a curse in situations like Root Passing as it is a gift in the battlefield. Its disturbing and amazing honestly.
I think now Shaw is like the Machine. She can love and she wants people know it. But you cannot perceive it. She speaks in a different language. Shaw needs an intimate encounter with the machine, just like Reese with Carter in Terra Incognita.

Early reactions to .exe seem to be quite positive.
Plageman and Nolan just screened #PersonOfInterest Ep 512, which Plageman directed. It's rad. You guys are going to love it. #ATXTVs5
- Matt Fowler
The 2nd to last episode of #PersonOfInterest is intense, touching & surprising. I have loved this show from start to finish. @ATXFestival
- Jo Garfein

Notes from the ATX Panel.
"If they'd given us a full order we might have tried to tap dance with another season and we'd have gotten called out on that" - Nolan #poi

Plageman could possibly see #PersonOfInterest return in some way, though fans may think differently after the "bloodbath of the finale."

Nolan wished they could have brought back Paige Turco & Camryn Manheim back, but the scheduling didn't work out. #PersonOfInterest #ATXTVs5

"When Elias hit in Season 1 I think people realized that the show would be more than just case-of-the-week." - Plageman #PersonOfInterest
First shot by Marisa Roffman, rest by the Writers' Room/Fowler's Twitter.

Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 10th, 2016, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When d'you think they'll put the panel up on YouTube?

GeneMod wrote:When d'you think they'll put the panel up on YouTube?
Within 48-72 hours, I suppose.

More notes:
Root died in the car. The ambiguity gave a false sense of hope. "Sometimes superheroes die alone in the dark" - Nolan #PersonOfInterest #ATXTVs5

"The idea was always to end as an ensemble," - Nolan, talking about how #PersonOfInterest started as a two-hander #ATXTVs5

What are the most probable scenarios for the end?

I think that it would be fun if we make a list and then vote. What do you think?

About the status of everyone (the machine, Reese, Finch, etc, Greer, Jeff, Mona, Samaritan...)

@TheEricGoldman asks for a finale tease- "The whole thing's gonna turn on a fit bit." Greg Plageman #ATXTVs5

Nolan & Plageman had an end song in mind for the show, but then the POI composer made a piece of music that was perfect.

Plageman could possibly see #PersonOfInterest return in some way, though fans may think differently after the "bloodbath of the finale."

@marisaroffman "I think you'll be happy with the finale."-Greg Plageman "Or, really unhappy."-Jonah Nolan @ATXFestival
A friend who got to go to ATX, had this to say about .Exe.
Ep 12 was really good. In screenings like this, sometimes things feel a bit off but I was really invested in the ep. There were several moments the audience really responded to for reasons I won't divulge. :).
She also expanded more on Root's fate in 5x10.
Jonah said that for him, Root was basically dead in the car. They were trying to save her, etc. but she was gone. There was no suffering alone, fighting for life in the hospital type of thing. They wanted the reveal of her voice on the phone to be the moment you knew she had ascended to that which is why they didn't make her death obvious when it happened.

He also said it felt more right that she went out as a superhero, doing what she needed to do. They mentioned the heroic, carried in someone's arms type of death, like that would have felt false. Root's death, the way it happened, hurt... As it should.

Haha, i love how Djawadi made a perfect piece of music for the finale's ending, hence voiding the end song that Greg and Jonah had in mind. Honestly, i always prefered that the end music should be Djawadi's score, not a song. Glad it happened.