The Dark Tower (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Skyab23 wrote:Bootsy is insinuating, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Elba isn't getting as many options because he's black.
Surely not!

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Bootsy is insinuating, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Elba isn't getting as many options because he's black.
Surely not!
Smart-assery not needed.

A black actor not getting opportunities to star in big name films? No way!

You gotta be a troll. I mean this is some shit that deserves at least a week ban imo because you're obviously here to push your "white people are bad" agenda. The irony here is that you're on Nolanfans, the site dedicated to the director that has almost all-white films. You must feel weird liking him. :lol:

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:I don't like his Jane Eyre at all. It's a half assed adaptation and I'm a huge fan of the novel. Best version is the BBC's mini series by far. But don't take my advice, I'm in the minority about that.£
i’m pretty sure we’ve discussed it before, but i was pretty fond of Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre - my biggest complaint is that Fassbender is waaaaaaaaayyyyy too attractive to play Mr. Rochester

but, it’s Hollywood - what are you gonna do? :lol:

Nomis, it’s certainly worth the watch, and i guess it’s likely you may enjoy it more if you haven’t read the book which any adaptation would have a hard time living up to. me? i’m more of a cinema guy than a literature guy (i’ve really only read essential english canon, mostly), so book adaptations usually get a fair bit of leeway for me
I LOVED Fukunaga's Jane Eyre. And I've read the book (in fact, I own two copies - a veeeeeery old one which has a couple of end pages missing, and the one I bought back in.. 2011?). And I'm actually kind of the same when it comes to cinema vs literature - I LOVE both, but I've always been more of a cinema person, always ready to defend it whenever anybody would compare it as totally inferior to literature or theatre.
But when it comes to adaptations idk, it depends. They can be very complementary, I feel like if it wasn't for some movies, I might not appreciate the books so much and vice versa.

RIFA wrote:You gotta be a troll. I mean this is some shit that deserves at least a week ban imo because you're obviously here to push your "white people are bad" agenda. The irony here is that you're on Nolanfans, the site dedicated to the director that has almost all-white films. You must feel weird liking him. :lol:
Incredible! Now I think white people are bad!

Now who's pulling the race card?

Seriously mods , ban this guy. This guy literally makes the site lose credibility. Horrible poster

Spert wrote:A black actor not getting opportunities to star in big name films? No way!
Posted in a thread about a big name film he's starring in.

The involvement of Akiva Goldsman et al is more likely a contributor towards this being shit than some sinister agenda. There's no reason this couldn't have been good.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Spert wrote:A black actor not getting opportunities to star in big name films? No way!
Posted in a thread about a big name film he's starring in.

The involvement of Akiva Goldsman et al is more likely a contributor towards this being shit than some sinister agenda. There's no reason this couldn't have been good.
Yeah, The Dark Tower is truly a big name film with a big director, writer, and reputable artists all working on it.

it's totally not just a studio dumped filler blockbuster summer tentpole. Oh wait the budget is 60 million.

You don't know how to use words. Sorry.