The Dark Tower (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
what role was he up for in the mummy?

The scorpion king.

Oh shit, that sounds cool.

Abbey Lee In Talks To Play Tirana In ‘The Dark Tower’
More casting on Sony and Media Rights Capital’s eagerly awaited adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower, which Nikolaj Arcel will direct. Abbey Lee, who is coming off Mad Max: Fury Road and who stars in Gods of Egypt, is negotiating to star in the female lead role of Tirana. She will star opposite Idris Elba, who’ll play good guy gunslinger Roland Deschain, and Matthew McConaughey, who’ll play the villainous Man in Black.

Sony will distribute what is planned to be the first in a series of Dark Tower movies. A complementary TV series is also being developed by MRC. Producing are Weed Road’s Akiva Goldsman and Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Erica Huggins. King is also a producer. That quartet has been involved in this franchise since the beginning, and MRC kept it going after Universal and then Warner Bros developed it and then dropped out. Pinkner is an exec producer.

First installment of The Dark Tower focuses on the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, establishing the relationship between Roland and young protege Jake Chambers. The next big role will be the young protege. Lee, who next stars in the Nicolas Winding Refn-directed The Neon Demon for Gaumont and Amazon Studios, is repped by UTA, Management 360, and United Management.

UPDATE: Readers are questioning the name of the character that Lee plays. That’s what I heard they were calling this major character, and for die hard fans, I can tell you a few character qualities: she’s sexy and dangerous, she has fake human skin and cold snake-like eyes.

My ambiguous reaction on both news about McConaughey and Elba:

Explication: when I'm reading about McConaughey, I'm shuddering with delight, and when reading about Elba, I'm shuddering with grief.

Lord Shade wrote:My ambiguous reaction on both news about McConaughey and Elba:

Explication: when I'm reading about McConaughey, I'm shuddering with delight, and when reading about Elba, I'm shuddering with grief.
Why

Image Should've used this one.

m4st4 wrote:Image Should've used this one.
Not a gif, but a masterpiece.

Godzilla wrote:

Why

Because I've read The Dark Tower. :roll:

Lord Shade wrote:
Godzilla wrote:

Why

Because I've read The Dark Tower. :roll:
Stephen King wrote The Dark Tower and seems to be delighted, so you'll have to elaborate.