Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Are you the type of guy who always has to get the last word in? Can you like maybe wait a couple pages before you respond again?

anikom15 wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 11:50 am
Are you the type of guy who always has to get the last word in? Can you like maybe wait a couple pages before you respond again?
Yes.

No.

Artemis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 11:48 am
This movie is tearing us apart.
Won't be the first time, probably wouldn't be the last either.

Forum Pro
Law
Artemis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 11:45 am
Law wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 11:40 am
Artemis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 11:28 am
Petition to rename this thread to Joaquer
Petition to ban your constant negativity from this thread
This comment wasn't even negative smh.

This is already past half a billion. Unreal and incredibly deserved. Hope this pushes DC to take more risks like this.

It has a chance to pass Deadpool 2 as the highest-grossing R-rated movie worldwide

It's already made some $100 million more than IT 2 lol

Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Is this the Mycocaine's metric ?

I've seen the film by the way. I think it's very good cinema, but... How to explain?
I wouldn't call it dull, I think Philips really made Cinema, the film is very well directed imo. My issue is more, well, the film begins with a white guy beaten by black people, and yet it still thrives for a ambiguous message. I love that there's a superhero movie out there that is ambiguous, instead of just giving you all the clues, I love that there's a movie that has the audience think, that is critical of society and of America, that has no CGI, no big action sequence but character development. I just feel there are some stuff in the movie that don't deserve ambiguity.
To sum up, I'd rather date someone who loved Ad Astra or Parasite than Joker... Am I clear?

My fourth viewing. A full house in rapturous applause on a Sunday evening.

This is fairly unprecedented in our cinemas for a movie in its second weekend.

Demoph wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 5:13 pm
Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Is this the Mycocaine's metric ?

I've seen the film by the way. I think it's very good cinema, but... How to explain?
I wouldn't call it dull, I think Philips really made Cinema, the film is very well directed imo. My issue is more, well, the film begins with a white guy beaten by black people, and yet it still thrives for a ambiguous message. I love that there's a superhero movie out there that is ambiguous, instead of just giving you all the clues, I love that there's a movie that has the audience think, that is critical of society and of America, that has no CGI, no big action sequence but character development. I just feel there are some stuff in the movie that don't deserve ambiguity.
To sum up, I'd rather date someone who loved Ad Astra or Parasite than Joker... Am I clear?
Those kids weren't black, they seemed to be New York Italian types, maybe a few were Hispanic