Hey Lisa!!

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
akv1984 wrote:Are people really saying that? :lol:
Yeah, it seems that Julia Roberts pulled a good role...

RIFA wrote:
akv1984 wrote:Are people really saying that? :lol:
Yeah, it seems that Julia Roberts pulled a good role...
I'm not too sure about that. Judging from the trailers, she seems to be playing herself.

akv1984 wrote:I'm not too sure about that. Judging from the trailers, she seems to be playing herself.
well... if Sandra Bullock got an oscar for The Blind Side then I guess Julia Roberts has a shot with Eat Pray Love...

Richard Roeper on Eat Pray Love

RIFA wrote:
talli wrote:Oscar possible
I JUST LAUGHED!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

500 Days of Summer had no Oscar chances and had a hell of a buzz and positive reviews. What you' smoking?

i'm not smoking anything. I'm only relaying the word...I haven;t seen the movie so I can comment on it, but there is a lot of oscar buzz around the performances of Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway....they started buzzing about this movie last february

Looks interesting.

How come is an Oscar possible?

OVERMAN wrote:How come is an Oscar possible?

well, everyone who has scene the movie is absolutely in love with it....all the studio execs went nuts over it

Gyllenhaal said he loved Inception but said that Love and Other Drugs is a better film because it's flawless
Gyllenhaal and Hathaway have a brilliant chemistry on screen and the story seemlessly went from hilarious to heart-touchingly sad. It can take a lot to make me laugh, but there were some truly laugh out loud belly laughs, and it can take a lot to make me cry, but the way the film deals with Hathaway's character's Parkinsons disease was incredibly emotional.'

'I just watched the trailer and it does a decent job of telling you what the plot is about, but the film itself has so much going for it it's hard to condense it down to a 2 minute trailer, so don't judge a film by it's trailer. All in all, it's by far one of the best drama/romantic/comedies I've seen in a long long time. Highly recommended!' He later goes on to describe one scene dealing with Anne's illness as 'quite harrowing'. It sounds like this is, after all, a difficult film to characterise and full of surprises and delights for its audience.

mchekhov wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0X4DQZKqk

looks pretty good....typical rom com but still entertaining....jake is doing some pretty good physical acting in this, especially for this type of a role.
Jake definitely brings an interesting physicality to the role. Most will probably overlook it though.