Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
He done with Waltz?

Cruise is a cinephile. I'm sure he will go the distance to work with Tarantino.

prowlercomesaround wrote:He done with Waltz?
It'd be kind of forced to put him in a movie set in 1969 LA.

I can see Waltz as the Star Trek villain instead.

I honestly don't believe QT will actually direct the Star Trek movie. I think he will just end up with story credit and producer honestly.

I think it will come down to the screenplay. If he's not floored with it, i can't see him directing the film. For a final film? The dude has a big ego, there's no way he's making that movie himself if the script needs work. Unless the studio is fine with waiting on him to do a rewrite. That's unlikely. I also can't see him doing two films back to back.

As tempting as it is to see a QT Star Trek movie (imagine him working with Simon Pegg, Chris Pine or even Shatner), i don't want the Manson project to be his final original screenplay.

You people really believe that QT is going to stop at 10 films? He hasn't done the nine and he's already sounding a lot less sure about it. I'm willing to bet he'll do more.£

Master Virgo wrote:You people really believe that QT is going to stop at 10 films? He hasn't done the nine and he's already sounding a lot less sure about it. I'm willing to bet he'll do more.£
I honestly don't believe in anything he says in regards to his future work, simply because his ego constantly switches gears and it's anything goes really. Hopefully he does many more, but more important - many good ones. I wasn't too hot on Django and Hateful 8, especially after masterful Basterds. Felt like he gave us everything and there was not much left after that one.

Master Virgo wrote:You people really believe that QT is going to stop at 10 films? He hasn't done the nine and he's already sounding a lot less sure about it. I'm willing to bet he'll do more.£
How is he sounding less sure about it? If he does Star Trek, i'm pretty sure he'll do one more.

During press for Hateful Eight, he kept saying 10, maybe 11. But most of the answers were "Ten, then i'm done".

MyCocaine wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Cruise is a cinephile. I'm sure he will go the distance to work with Tarantino.
I think so too, I hope we get some confirmation soon