Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 12:55 pm
Playboy admits misquoting Ennio Morricone in bizarre Quentin Tarantino interview
“Up to now, we have considered the freelancer who conducted the Ennio Morricone interview on our behalf to be a renowned print and radio journalist. In the past, we have had no reason to doubt his journalistic integrity and skills,” Boitin said in the statement.

“Based on the information now at our disposal, we must unfortunately assume that the words spoken in the interview have, in part, been reproduced incorrectly. We would like to express our regret should Mr. Morricone have been portrayed in a false light. We are working to clarify this matter and are exploring legal measures.”
So they took on a freelancer's work, who himself had a decent track record, but it's literal fake news and the freelancer has now presumably destroyed his career.

Which is weird considering, unironically, Playboy has a decent-ish record of journalistic integrity.

WTF why would he do this and why would Playboy publish it without due diligence
It's the time of fake-news

This whole fiasco is extremely interesting though

plot twist
it's all a ruse set up by QT himself to get more publicity/asses in seats for this film. Little does he know though, everyone's already fucking going to see this!

sooooo lemme get this straight - what's the general consensus on what actually did happen here?

like, i feel like it would be way too bizarre for playboy or the interviewer to straight up invent the whole interview for clicks and attention, playboy is ironically pretty reputable with their interviews. Morricone claiming it didn't happen at all, instead of those few lines being made up, kinda makes me thing the interview did happen, and he did say those things, but for some reason either forgot or doesn't want to own up or whatever. the guy's 90, maybe all of this is fake news and we need to move on

although i'm low-key interested in what Tarantino thinks if it did happen lol.

Tarantino is the kind of guy who seems like he gives no fucks. I'm sure he knows all the critiques that r/criterion or r/TrueFilm lists against him but he doesn't care. He's making movies and living the dream. What more could a dude want?

Yeah but Morricone is a colleague and someone he looked up to. Why would he care what loudmouth young redditors who have never made a movie think of him?

Bacon wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Yeah but Morricone is a colleague and someone he looked up to. Why would he care what loudmouth young redditors who have never made a movie think of him?
Yeah. Attitude or not, given Tarantino's overall admiration of film and his favorite films, he must have admired Morricone a lot. IF this is real, I'm sure being told you're trash by someone you look up to probably stings.

Yeah I think those are good points too.

Hopefully he reached out to Morricone and asked for clarification.

I’m getting bored by this story tbh.