Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jenkins could not only return to the director's chair on Wonder Woman 2 but also could ink a more expansive deal that would allow her to work with DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns on a script treatment for that movie and possibly others as well.
Sure, why not? :)

Jenkins:
"We’re working on it. I hope to, I love it, I love the world, and we’re all really excited about it.

Hopefully it's better than the first film. Patty Jenkins might finally take some risks now.

Apocalypse wrote:Hopefully it's better than the first film. Patty Jenkins might finally take some risks now.
We get it, you didn't like it. Now move on and let the rest of us enjoy this moment.
Last edited by natalie on June 20th, 2017, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natalie wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:Hopefully it's better than the first film. Patty Jenkins might finally take some risks now.
We get it, you didn't like. Now move on and let the rest enjoy this moment.
I'm happy for it. Im just saying I hope it's better.

antovolk wrote:Johns and Patty writing treatment: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jon-b ... 202471557/
Things I'd love to see:

- Diana coming to America.
- Preferably set in the 70s.
- Cold War thriller.
- Cheetah would make a great main villain. While she's tough to adapt, I think it's possible.
- Would love to see a second villain, either Circe, Artemis or a male villain.
- Would also love to see more of Themyscira and the Amazons (Doutzen mah girl)
- I hope Jenkins gets her hands on IMAX camera's for this film. I love that she shot the first film on 35mm.
I guess setting it in a different period other than modern day means no Steve Trevor distant relative who looks exactly like Chris Pine :D but I would just really love to see Diana in a different period, preferably what I described above. Maybe another love-interest or none at all? I could do without one tbh.
Downside of setting it like 60 years after the first film is losing all of the supporting cast sans the Amazons... Etta Candy was great.
Also what about her shield? She has a different one in modern day.

I want a female villain to be honest. There's quite a few of them and it's cool to see Wonder Woman fight another woman now. It'll also make sense from a narrative perspective.

How so from a narrative pov?

But yeah, female main-villain all the way. I think it should be Cheetah. That would be ballsy and amazing.

Let me correct that, from a feminist-narrative perspective.

It makes sense to have a really tough female villain that's also intriguing as a character.