IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Based on this tracking for the first movie they'll definitely be able to get whoever they want.

Doesn't Bryce Dallas Howard resemble Sophia Lillis a lot more than Jessica Chastain? Not that I would doubt Chastain in delivering though, she's a powerhouse actress.

Nomis wrote:Doesn't Bryce Dallas Howard resemble Sophia Lillis a lot more than Jessica Chastain? Not that I would doubt Chastain in delivering though, she's a powerhouse actress.
Cuz of the freckles?

I just find Amy Adams is the perfect choice. Looks and even sounds like her. And then i couldn't stop thinking about Amy once that scene happened where Bev was called Lois lol. "You look like a young Lois Lane". The next day i found out that Lillis is playing a young Amy in HBO's Sharp Objects.

But now it seems like Chastain is probably gonna get the role. Or it would be easy to cast her.

shauner111 wrote:
Nomis wrote:Doesn't Bryce Dallas Howard resemble Sophia Lillis a lot more than Jessica Chastain? Not that I would doubt Chastain in delivering though, she's a powerhouse actress.
Cuz of the freckles?

I just find Amy Adams is the perfect choice. Looks and even sounds like her. And then i couldn't stop thinking about Amy once that scene happened where Bev was called Lois lol. "You look like a young Lois Lane". The next day i found out that Lillis is playing a young Amy in HBO's Sharp Objects.

But now it seems like Chastain is probably gonna get the role. Or it would be easy to cast her.
After seeing the movie, I get all the Amy Adams comparisons. She seems like her daughter to say the least. But both Bryce and Chastain could be great choices as well. Whoever of the three would be fine in the role, while Adams would be perfect.

I'm more interested into who'll they get for the boys. I wonder if we get equally big names.

Paul Dano, JGL, or are they still too young?

One thing that's been stuck in my head far before the first one came out, is that to me it's going to be weird having a younger actor playing Pennywise than the adult actors of the kids. I get Pennywise is supposed to be immortal and probably should look the same because of that but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the adults being scared of someone who looks quite a bit younger.

So if you're older, you can't be scared of younger creeps?

Do the characters see Pennywise as young? old? He's just IT...it doesn't matter.

shauner111 wrote:So if you're older, you can't be scared of younger creeps?

Do the characters see Pennywise as young? old? He's just IT...it doesn't matter.
Yeah I guess he is probably viewed as an evil vessel.

As for the cast for the next one, does anyone think they'll downplay it and not get bigger named actors/actresses?

For some roles probably but overall unlikely. I'd even say it's more logical to hire no names because with a success like this you don't need big names at all, and you can keep the budget lower instead of the 100 million they'll probably end up spending.

I'm a bit out of touch, what makes yall think Chastain is after this role? I've seen someone mention she's been courting this role pretty hard?

Personally I'd want to see Amy in this... if they must cast someone very well known, that is.