The Post: The Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

£

Nomis wrote:Besides, do they work with a 4K DI, 2K or do they do it photochemically? IMDb says 4K DI but that's not exactly a really reliable source.
Does it really matter?

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
:sick:

Streep looks like a gigantic ham.

Pioneerr wrote:
Nomis wrote:Besides, do they work with a 4K DI, 2K or do they do it photochemically? IMDb says 4K DI but that's not exactly a really reliable source.
Does it really matter?
Of course it does. It's about how they 'rework' what they have shot. No wonder Nolan's films look so incredible because photochemically finishing the film preserves the most quality of the film. Finishing a film in 2K is basically working on a lower resolution than film is. Yeah I know you can't really compare film with pixels only sorta, but you get what I mean.

Definitely reeks of Oscar, but that's not really a bad thing is it. It'll be a decent, interesting film I'm sure.

Nomis wrote:
Pioneerr wrote:
Does it really matter?
Of course it does. It's about how they 'rework' what they have shot. No wonder Nolan's films look so incredible because photochemically finishing the film preserves the most quality of the film. Finishing a film in 2K is basically working on a lower resolution than film is. Yeah I know you can't really compare film with pixels only sorta, but you get what I mean.
gravity and force awakens were 2k

ACTING.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Pioneerr wrote:
Does it really matter?
gravity and force awakens were 2k
Tbh, it shows.

Allstar wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
:sick:

Streep looks like a gigantic ham.
Interesting, I thought she was quite subtle...her hamming it up was worrying me.

Hanks sounds weird though.

Nomis wrote: Tbh, it shows.
you're adorable