Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm honestly sick of all of Fox film except the two made by Mangold. Those are the only two I'll ever revisit. Maybe also Deadpool films but that's about it.

I'd be glad to see a hard reboot on X-Men.£

Logan is it's own movie to me. I don't look at it as an X-Men movie but yeah it's above everything else for me.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:54 pm
I'm honestly sick of all of Fox film except the two made by Mangold. Those are the only two I'll ever revisit. Maybe also Deadpool films but that's about it.

Because of Singer's involvement or something else?

And yeah I think Logan might be the best superhero film outside of Nolan's trilogy for me.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:54 pm

I don't know if I'd want a hard reboot of X-Men but we'll probably get one like we do everything else.

Bacon wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm
X-Men, X2, FC, DoFP, The Wolverine, and Logan are all really good superhero films on par with or better than most MCU films. The rest range from disappointing to pure garbage.
I'd exclude the first X-Men, though. It's a historic movie because it was semi decent at a time when that was an achievement for comic book movies but it is incredibly dated by now. I'd even say X2 isn't that good either but it definitely has much better moments than the first one.

However, FC, DoFP and Logan are world class superhero films. All of them might be better than what the MCU has ever done (maybe excluding the first Iron Man). Logan is even in my top 3 right behind the two Dark Knight films. Both Deadpools are also pretty good and really funny. Apocalypse and Wolverine are ok but the two stinkers that they have are much worse than anything that MCU has ever done and they will always negatively influence people perception of FOX's history with these characters. Unfairly but still, they were pretty bad. Especially Origins.

40 years of Mystique...

Bacon wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm
X-Men, X2, FC, DoFP, The Wolverine, and Logan are all really good superhero films on par with or better than most MCU films. The rest range from disappointing to pure garbage.
Black Panther is better than all of these except Logan.

X2 is one of the greatest action films of all time.

Fight me.

X-M:TLS (Ratner 2006), X-MO:W (Hood 2009), and X-M:A (Singer 2016) are the 3 worst. The rest I've enjoyed but I'm totally beyond tired of the Charles, Erik, and Raven show now (too much of what was once a good thing), probably in the way other people tired of Wolverine/Jackman. I kind of look at Deadpool as more its own thing and what it was wasn't for me and neither were those comics.

I'll be seeing this since it could be the last one and I like the idea of a more potentially woman-centered X-Men movie though Sophie Turner has never really impressed me in the past before this. I have reservations about X-M:TLS, X-M:A screenwriter, and Fantastic Four screenwriter and first time director Kinberg (if we look past gossip about whatever was really happening with Trank's Fantastic Four movie) directing and writing this one and perhaps rehashing some of his past work as well.

anikom15 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:08 am
X2 is one of the greatest action films of all time.

Fight me.
X2 is better than any MCU movie