Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
Bacon wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:33 am

Awful trailer unfortunately
Aside from some bad moments, overall I found this just as good (almost great) as the first trailer.

In a time where every trailer for every big-budget movie has to be fun and littered with self-aware jokes, I am loving the tone of the Dark Phoenix trailers.

They remind me of the trailers for The Dark Knight trilogy, or The Force Awakens: earnest, serious, but also exciting.

Also, that glimpse of Quicksilver vs. Jean Grey looks like it will be badass, and Ms. Chastain as a villain is perfect.

I really don't understand why people are trash-talking these trailers so much.

If Captain Marvel had had trailers like this (instead of the mediocre ones that we got that people are hyping up anyway because it's MCU), people would be raving and raving.

But because it's not MCU, people are rooting for this to fail, apparently?

Obviously, only the final films themselves matter, but at this point in time, if we're talking strictly trailers here, Dark Phoenix is the female-led superhero film of 2019 to beat, not Captain Marvel.

antovolk wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:14 pm
This international trailer looks a bit better https://vimeo.com/320558530
Thanks, antovolk. Where did you find this?

Overall, just as good as the other ones, but more spoiler-y.

I particularly like that shot at 02:20; it gave me Cloverfield-vibes.

Nomis wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 6:28 pm
Does it look Apocalypse bad? Since that film ended up being quite... trashy, sans the prologue.

It would be pretty cool if they'd do something akin to Days of Future Past with the MCU if they really are going to merge the two together. I think them joining the timelines like that would be a pretty cool and good way to bring the X-Men into the MCU. They could even keep a lot of the actors. I think everyone would much prefer it if they just restart the Fantastic Four from scratch lol
I can't see that happening.

Look at the way Marvel Studios treated Mr. Garfield's Spider-Man, or the shows from Marvel Television.

If Mr. Feige didn't have a hand in it from the inception, it ain't bein' integrated into the MCU.

Anybody got a link to the international trailer? It got taken down

Forum Pro
Law
I don't think it looks half bad lol

Feels unearned and cheap. Pass for me.

The trailer looks good... But the behind the scenes noise makes me have much less confidence in this than I should. I hope I'm wrong, I pretty much loved what they did to X-Men since First Class. I even liked most of Apocalypse (although it has some serious issues). But I'd still much rather see New Mutants earlier than this.

Apocalypse has some strong redeeming qualities, but the problems that are there are glaring. Not confident in this unfortunately. McAvoy, Hoult, and Fassbender will own the roles, as usual.

Bacon wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:09 pm
Apocalypse has some strong redeeming qualities, but the problems that are there are glaring. Not confident in this unfortunately. McAvoy, Hoult, and Fassbender will own the roles, as usual.

Bacon wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:09 pm
McAvoy and Fassbender didn't owned their roles in Apocalypse, why should they do this now?