Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They're not in better hands. But they are definitely in safer hands.

Disney has already produced bolder films than Logan.£

Not with their superhero films they haven't.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 7:58 pm
Disney has already produced bolder films than Logan.£

@Batfan: Did you miss the one where the most popular superhero of our time, turns into a raging vengeful spirit who seeks to murder another human being.

Odd. I always thought that you watch all of these films so that you can come here and tell us how bad every single one of them are.£

Virgo, I genuinely hope the latter part of that comment wasn't directed toward me, otherwise it's just ignorant.

And you actually think turning Iron Man into a "killer" trying to get revenge against the murderer of his mother is more bold than the risks Logan takes with its two staple heroes? Civil War is one of my favorite superhero films of all time and one of my favorite films of 2016, but give me a break.

I mean just compare the ending of Logan where it turns into superhero saves the day fighting the bad guys, which is a completely disappointing and contradictory resolution to what it so powerfully builds up in its previous two acts, to Civil War's excellent finale where five morally compromised men confront each other, every one of them with their own points of view. It's hardly even a competition.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 8:45 pm
@Batfan: Did you miss the one where the most popular superhero of our time, turns into a raging vengeful spirit who seeks to murder another human being.

Odd. I always thought that you watch all of these films so that you can come here and tell us how bad every single one of them are.£
No, I watch them to review them. I've also been more than fair in my assessment of them. I even enjoy the GOTG films. But just because I moderately like some of them does not mean I have to support the shared universe nonsense that Marvel/Disney are doing, and it certainly does not mean that i'm going to support the idea of a merger just because some fictional characters get to potentially interact in a movie.

Bacon wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 7:18 pm
Yeah I love to see my childhood franchise get turned into cash-cows where actual characters or interesting ideas get lost in the shuffle of pushing for further films.

They're 0/1 with Deadpool rn
DIsney and Feige do much better with characterizations than Fox did as a whole. I can't even count how many cool characters Singer and company wasted to make it the Wolverine show.

Oh and Virgo's points on Logan and Civil War's 3rd acts are valid.

At least they focused on a few characters instead of introducing 50 characters and ending up giving (most) of them 2 minutes of screentime and character development at best in a 150 minute movie.