First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
hello everyone looks like the moon landing shots had been shot in imax so i think damien edited entire sequences in full imax considering the rest is mostly 35mm 2perf known as techniscope with few super 16mm and to mention the 35mm portions were done with zeiss camtec ultra primes which they are less sharper in quality than the master primes so that's for my concern why damien choosed a different editing pace than Mr Christopher Nolan :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

There was a promo panel this weekend in Tuscon at Spacefest. Josh Singer was there - some pretty cool details on the historical accuracy and more. A special 'annotated script' that Singer collaborated on with Armstrong's biographer will be released as a book in October http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-0 ... uracy.html

fuck I so can't wait for this film

for the love of god let there come a 70mm print to Amsterdam

nomis that's impossible the only imax 70MM print will be in USA some CANADA two in the UK even prague won't get it and forget about a 70mm 5perf version so that's makes for you only IIMAX XENON and DOLBY VISION and i've heard also even 35mm print won't make it i thiink only one for archival purpose

ah fuck

Then I guess I have to see it at a Laser/Dolby Atmos theater. They got ultra laser which is supposed to be 4K projection... But I'm not sure.
The 2K IMAX screens are just no good here. The colours are pretty terrible and the sound is just loud and shrill

kamelgunner wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 4:05 am
hello everyone looks like the moon landing shots had been shot in imax so i think damien edited entire sequences in full imax considering the rest is mostly 35mm 2perf known as techniscope with few super 16mm and to mention the 35mm portions were done with zeiss camtec ultra primes which they are less sharper in quality than the master primes so that's for my concern why damien choosed a different editing pace than Mr Christopher Nolan :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:
They land on the Moon?!?

That’s a spoiler.

ugh this title is like so sexist

Cilogy wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 12:48 am
ugh this title is like so sexist
MV already beat you to this comment.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 3rd, 2017, 8:47 pm
fenwayconnor wrote:
Boxer35 wrote:I'll go ahead and predict that this is the film where Chazelle really starts to feel some backlash re: female characters. Its already starting to bubble up with La La Land (not enough/too late to hurt the movie though). I mean this is literally called The First Man.
What kind of backlash is he facing with La La Land? One of the leads is a female, her roomates that have a big song are all female.. And that lead is a frontrunner for Best Picture... What backlash are you on about?

Also, its about Neil Armstrong.. you know the "first man" on the moon. Not everything is about misogyny and sexism.
The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£

how the hell is the title sexist

Forum Pro
Law
Nomis wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 8:05 am
how the hell is the title sexist
It's 2018. Everything is sexist