R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:She was unconscious for ten minutes according to people on the flight.
This is my main concern. She was reportedly not breathing for around 10 minutes. One, even an older person, can survive a massive heart attack, but when you've been depleted of oxygen for that long you've reached a very critical point.

Really hoping for the best in this situation but if all accounts are accurate, it's an uphill battle sadly.

pleasegetwellpleasegetwellpleasegetwell

ChristNolan wrote:
Vader182 wrote:She was unconscious for ten minutes according to people on the flight.
This is my main concern. She was reportedly not breathing for around 10 minutes. One, even an older person, can survive a massive heart attack, but when you've been depleted of oxygen for that long you've reached a very critical point.

Really hoping for the best in this situation but if all accounts are accurate, it's an uphill battle sadly.
From my admittedly limited physiological knowledge accrued in studying the brain in undergrad (my major was a BA in Psych), unless she's 1.) very lucky 2.) there's very advanced technology I'm not aware of "uphill battle" is putting it right. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers, she's an enormously strong woman who's perceived through a lot over the years.

But personally, between all the celebrity deaths this year and of course the sudden passing of my mom as well as our family dog a few months after, I don't think I can sustain the passing of Princess Leia so close to Christmas. My heart and soul have already been in the gutter all year.

Fuck 2016.

-Vader

Hope.

I hope she makes it through! Come on Carrie, keep on trucking!

Dammit. I hope she recovers quickly and fully

Be strong Carrie!

oh god oh no

Oh no. Please get well.