⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Brolin gave Bautista that belt. It could mean that that's the way the title will be spelled for the marketing/film, like the most recent new cover of the book. And those insignias on the side could be the Atreides hawk?

m4st4 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 6:07 am
LEXX wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Vader182 wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 8:26 pm

your avatar is blade runner

-Vader
Seriously. WTF is your point?
If you had to guess, what would be your first? And why the antagonistic approach?
Because his type of responding is on the level of being a troll and a smart ass. If you're so smart and can read what he's thinking please enlighten me.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 6:10 am
The names? That's your criticism?
Did you even read what I wrote and do you even read novels often? Reading is almost the same as watching a movie. If the movie is visually great but the acting suck you can also say the same within a novel where the characters is written as 1 dimensional while the world is totally flesh out. Just because LOTR novels are very popular doesn't mean some people enjoy reading it because of the writing style. As for criticizing the names why not? Imagine Luke Skywalker's name was Bobby Skybrown. Proper naming of characters, places, story structures, theme, time, places and ect enhances the world building. That's what a good writers does. When it comes to reading a novels I'm very picky and critical just like I'm critical with movies. Why don't you Google Duke, Reverend Mother, Baron and ect and you will see what I'm getting at. These terms are not what I associate with sci-fi and more of a Victorian Royalty setting comes to mind. This doesn't mean I will never read it but this is a long book and takes a lot of investing. But if the movie is great I don't even need to read it. There are many movies I have seen that are based on books that I have never read.
Last edited by LEXX on July 12th, 2019, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sometimes bitches named Paul deserve to have epic space adventures.

But, like, the names fit the setting. Dune is not sci-fi like Star Trek or whatever

This is not a problem at all

i'm pretty sure he's having a go at all of us

but in case he's not,

blade runner's main dude is literally named "Rick" and all the main buildings are actual ginormous pyramids. like, actual PYRAMIDS.

loads of sci-fi has a retro-furitistic bent where things from from ancient rome / greece / medieval europe or asia get combined with more contemporary looks and names to keep things accessible but "exotic."

you know, like the praetorian guards in the last jedi

blade runner is specifically famous for popularizing this style

i have not heard something as hilarious as 'the names upset because they're old and new at once!" in a while, even if he's trolling

-Vader

Dobson wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 2:24 pm
But, like, the names fit the setting. Dune is not sci-fi like Star Trek or whatever

This is not a problem at all

Yes, that's my point. It's like he's putting these Victorian Royalty Era into this future world settings is how I'm picturing it and it's how Lynch's version is interpreting it. That's why I just rather wait for next week and see what Denis is approaching this visually. David Lynch's version leave a sour taste in my mouth/mind and I can't get rid of visualizing it when trying to read the book.

don't forget it's not certain they're showing us anything at comic-con

there's just as much a possibility Dastmalchian was talking about suicide squad 2

Vader182 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm
i'm pretty sure he's having a go at all of us

but in case he's not,

blade runner's main dude is literally named "Rick" and all the main buildings are actual ginormous pyramids. like, actual PYRAMIDS.

loads of sci-fi has a retro-furitistic bent where things from from ancient rome / greece / medieval europe or asia get combined with more contemporary looks and names to keep things accessible but "exotic."

you know, like the praetorian guards in the last jedi

blade runner is specifically famous for popularizing this style

i have not heard something as hilarious as 'the names upset because they're old and new at once!" in a while, even if he's trolling

-Vader

That's freaking hilarious and you don't even understood my point. Why are you even comparing it to Blade Runner? It's a totally different genre. I'm not a fan of some of these weird mismatch ala Aquaman and MCU Thor where there are some futuristic high tech world building that are involved with these mythology characters. It just doesn't work for me. Sure few sci-fi fantasy are done right with the like of Star Wars or John Carter. But by the sound and look of it(Lynch's version) I'm not a fan of the Victorian era as a dress settings or hierarchy and ect.

Blade Runner wouldn't be the same if Ridley gave us this as his worldbuilding:

Then I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here by complaining about it constantly

Accept it's not for you and be done with it, atleast until the movie releases.