⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nolan62 wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 8:31 am
Nomis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 7:47 am
I think the one used for Fallout shoots in a higher resolution... Anyway, I trust in Villeneuve and Fraser to choose the right hardware, I'm sure that regardless of it, it's going to be a true stunner. Villeneuve said he wanted to do something different than what he's done previously, with Deakins and Young.
Fraser always uses LED lights on set and only natural lights on location so there's that too.
This adaptation will be something incredible, I trust Denis, he knows what he is doing. And again, I want Mansell to scoring this.
Maybe Fraser will use the Ultra Panavision 70 lenses again after Rogue One?

That pairing with the Alexa 65 again would be pretty damn cool. The best thing about Rogue One is Fraser's beautiful work on it.

I bet Fraser and Villeneuve have done quite some camera tests already. I don't remember why Villeneuve and Deakins didn't chose the Alexa 65 for 2049 but I do think they had some talks about it.

deakins thought it was too clean n didnt like the dof

Artemis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Penguin022 wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm
Please no Momoa.
Yeah bad move to cast an actor whose last film made a billion dollars at the box office because lots of mom's who crush on the actor went to go see it.
Not saying it's a bad move box-office wise, but I've only ever seen bad performances from Momoa, including Aquaman, when he was hilariously off. The entire rest of the cast for this movie is great, and I'm afraid Jason Momoa is gonna be distractingly bad in the movie.

But, on the other hand, anything to boost the box office of this movie is good.

Forum Pro
Law
Penguin022 wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 12:09 am
Artemis wrote:
Penguin022 wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm
Please no Momoa.
Yeah bad move to cast an actor whose last film made a billion dollars at the box office because lots of mom's who crush on the actor went to go see it.
Not saying it's a bad move box-office wise, but I've only ever seen bad performances from Momoa, including Aquaman, when he was hilariously off. The entire rest of the cast for this movie is great, and I'm afraid Jason Momoa is gonna be distractingly bad in the movie.

You should watch Frontier

I saw the first two episodes of Frontier and he is actually good in that.

Law wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 3:07 am
Penguin022 wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 12:09 am
Artemis wrote:

You should watch Frontier
Alright, I'll watch Frontier, hopefully Momoa proves me wrong.

that's it i'm watching the lynch one can't handle the wait