⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

well if a location doesn't have an incentive productions wouldn't shoot there so it's a pretty large factor

many productions will even not shoot where the story takes place if the incentive isnt as good (for example in canada: vancover looks like LA, toronto - NY, montreal - europe, nova scotia - new england)

Indeed. But as you can see almost all countries have tax rebates, the epicenter of sound stage production isn't in the country with the biggest rebate. So apparently other factors come into play, which I'm wondering how they are judged.

the draw in that case would be that they have the infrastructure of a soundstage. there's few in the world that can facilitate mega productions like dune so that narrows the selection. which specific one probably comes down to availability

I think Villeneuve had a pretty good time/experience shooting 2049 in Budapest. I mean, just look at how that film turned out lol, I'm sure it's more than capable to provide the things for them to make Dune. I really wonder which locations they picked. Maybe Namibia for the desert? Maybe the coasts of Norway for planet Caladan? Please let there be news on this at comic-con

Ace
Timothée Chalamet In Talks To Star In ‘Dune’ For Denis Villenueve And Legendary

https://deadline.com/2018/07/timothee-c ... 202427315/
Timothée Chalamet is in final talks to star in the Denis Villeneuve-directed Dune, the cinematic relaunch of one of the most celebrated science fiction properties of all time for Legendary.
Legendary acquired film and TV rights to the Frank Herbert novels Dune in 2016, with the intention of making multiple films. Villenueve chose that film over numerous offers as his followup to Blade Runner 2049. That included James Bond, this well before Danny Boyle came in with his own take for that movie that was drafted by John Hodge.

Chalamet will play the lead, which in the David Lynch-directed original was Kyle MacLachlan. The young nobleman Paul Atreides is the central figure in the series of sprawling epic novels first published in 1965. It is set in the far future involving worlds beyond Earth, ruled over by competing feudal families who control access to a drug called Melange. Known popularly as “spice,” the drug gives its users heightened consciousness and an extended lifespan at the cost of crippling addiction and fatal withdrawal. Spice, use of which makes interstellar travel possible, is found only on the desert planet of Arrakis — aka “Dune” — and as such is the most valuable commodity in the galaxy. The original was a contentious shoot, with Lynch battling his producers and financiers, but Dune has been tapped successfully for the small screen and the version by Villenueve, after films from Incendies to Sicario, Arrival to Blade Runner 2049, makes for about as anticipated an iconic scifi novel series adaptation as you’ll find in Hollywood, Game of Thrones meets Star Wars.
Last edited by Ace on July 16th, 2018, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SIGN IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Nomis wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Let us pray for Chalamet as Paul
Nomis rises. :clap:

My prayers are heard.

It's so much fun, I pictured Chalamet as Paul in the book.

He'll be 23 by the time they start shooting. Since they're shooting the second half of the book after the first film is released and they might very well wait and see if it's a hit... Then Chalamet is like 25 or 26 by the time they start shooting. Which is perfect, too.
Since there's a two year gap in the book anyway lol

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I'm not familiar with the novel but he seems like a good choice to lead a movie like this.