Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
dafox wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 3:55 pm
John Wick, The Truman Show >>>>> The Matrix
The Truman Show is excellent.

dafox wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 3:55 pm
John Wick, The Truman Show >>>>> The Matrix
Hm... but why those two specifically, am I missing something? Also, hard NO for me.🕷️

War of the Worlds is a great movie. Is that even controversial? Idk, but I’ve always been on board.🕷️

Craig in Logan Lucky is supremely overlooked

Cilogy wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 10:48 pm
The scene when he explains the science of the bomb is one of the best comedic scenes of the past couple of years.

BlairCo wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm
Cilogy wrote:
The scene when he explains the science of the bomb is one of the best comedic scenes of the past couple of years.
I KNOW RIGHT?! ??D

Cilogy wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:12 pm
BlairCo wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm
Cilogy wrote:
I KNOW RIGHT?! ??D
Logan Lucky overall is very overlooked, maybe due to Soderbergh strange marketing. Keough also was terribly funny, and Driver and Tatum made a strange yet very good duo. Also since it's a thread for controversial opinion, Ocean's twelve is almost a masterpiece.

^def agree with Logan Lucky. It's great lol and the bomb science scene had everyone dying in the theater.

caught this one on tv after some time, and can reiterate my own opinion again - Silence is among Scorsese's best films ever

Hostiles is a great film and should've been up for awards season. It saddens me that it's so overlooked. It's got it all, from a tight narrative, beautiful cinematography, wonderful performances and above all, it's got it's heart at the right place. And an ending that really makes you feel it.

Logan Lucky? Nah, I thought it was actually a very mediocre effort by Soderbergh. Less so than the poor High Flying Bird on Netflix, but still, I didn't find anything humorous in that film.

But this I definitely stand behind.
Nomis wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:51 am
Hostiles is a great film and should've been up for awards season. It saddens me that it's so overlooked. It's got it all, from a tight narrative, beautiful cinematography, wonderful performances and above all, it's got it's heart at the right place. And an ending that really makes you feel it.
I'm not sure how controversial it is, though. People who have seen it have all really praised it. Unfortunately, not enough people have seen it.