2017-2018 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 4:02 am
m4st4 wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 12:34 am
Shape of Water will probably put me to sleep after it wins BP, I better get to it soon.
inb4 Armand: it will put you to sleep without it ;) Fair enough but this sounds better.

It won't put you to sleep it'll just insult your intelligence repeatedly.
Why u so mean. :(
Crimson Peak already did. GDT isn’t exactly subtle.

Shape of Water are facing new plagiarism accusations. The similarities are unbelievable.

This doesn't look good especially after the Space Between Us short film.

This could derail the Del Toro train significantly. One can hope.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 11:53 am
Shape of Water are facing new plagiarism accusations. The similarities are unbelievable.

Is it getting new attention again? Because this was discussed a while back (I believe it got mentioned here aswell) but it flew under the radar mostly. The similarities are quite big yeah.

Sysmatic wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 12:11 pm
Is it getting new attention again? Because this was discussed a while back (I believe it got mentioned here aswell) but it flew under the radar mostly. The similarities are quite big yeah.
These are new allegations and are separate from the short film.

These new similarities comes from a play. Both pieces are identical.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 12:11 pm
These are new allegations and are separate from the short film.

These new similarities comes from a play. Both pieces are identical.
Alright then. Curious how that'll play out.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 11:53 am

Yeah I saw this somewhere the other day but I don't know how much impact this will have from now until Oscar night.

It wasn't plagiarism the first time, so I doubt it is this time. Could be wrong.

EDIT:
Guillermo del Toro has never read nor seen Mr Zindel’s play in any form. Mr. del Toro has had a 25-year career during which he has made 10 feature films and has always been very open about acknowledging his influences. If the Zindel family has questions about this original work we welcome a conversation with them.
Del Toro met with the students (after it was fans of the short film who accused him) who made the short film to discuss his origins of the film and they had a completely amicable experience. Zindel's estate looks like it's just grabbing for headlines.

Gonna go see The Shape of Water on Tuesday and The Post and Phantom Thread withing a few weeks. Then all I have left is CMBYN and Lady Bird.

Might skip them both to save some money. Also since Black Panther is coming out.

£

Master Virgo wrote:
February 8th, 2018, 7:21 am

£
Why is razzie nominated Jennifer Lawrence on here? lmao