Sucker Punch (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
And this is the fucking guy directing Superman? Sucker Punch looks awful...

Sucker Punch is a girl-powered Sailor Moon anime crossed with a Russ Meyer sexploitation flick. It's Shutter Island, Inception, Kill Bill, a video game and your worst nightmare mashed up. - Peter Howell, Toronto Star
:eh: Ouch.

Mason01 wrote:And this is the fucking guy directing Superman? Sucker Punch looks awful...
Amen. I'm still hoping for the best, but man are my expectations lower than dirt.

chee wrote:
Mason01 wrote:And this is the fucking guy directing Superman? Sucker Punch looks awful...
Amen. I'm still hoping for the best, but man are my expectations lower than dirt.
I was kind of OK with Syder Directing Superman when he was first announced (Dawn Of The Dead and Watchmen are pretty darn good) but with this kind of shit I have very low expectations. If he screws it up I think he'll loose any kind of fan recognition, he;ll just flop. Let's hope it's great...

I don't care for any of his films, so I'm very disappointed. :\

chee wrote:I don't care for any of his films, so I'm very disappointed. :\
Dawn Of The Dead? I think that was really good, but the rest of his films use very heavy use of CGI and they are very stylish, in an over-stylish type of way. I hope he turns the CGI down for Superman.

Mason01 wrote:
chee wrote:I don't care for any of his films, so I'm very disappointed. :\
Dawn Of The Dead? I think that was really good, but the rest of his films use very heavy use of CGI and they are very stylish, in an over-stylish type of way. I hope he turns the CGI down for Superman.
Yeah, didn't like it. Mostly cause I hate zombie movies, so I guess I'm a bit biased.

I'm really annoyed at his use of CGI though, its becoming annoying instead of "cool".

chee wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Yeah, didn't like it. Mostly cause I hate zombie movies, so I guess I'm a bit biased.

I'm really annoyed at his use of CGI though, its becoming annoying instead of "cool".
Yeah, I can agree with that. 300 especially annoyed me, all that fake blood and over saturated CG backdrops just pissed me off. I can see Superman depending on CGI a lot, which I'm very worried about.

Mason01 wrote:
chee wrote:

Yeah, I can agree with that. 300 especially annoyed me, all that fake blood and over saturated CG backdrops just pissed me off. I can see Superman depending on CGI a lot, which I'm very worried about.
Yeah... I couldn't believe Nolan picked him. Nolan's all about realism and Snyder's the exact opposite. I was pretty upset when I first heard about him doing Superman, but I was still excited about Sucker Punch. With how much critics are destroying it, though, I'm really worried for Superman...
Seeing Sucker Punch on Sunday. I want to like it but it all depends on expectation I think...

ballet_ag wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Yeah... I couldn't believe Nolan picked him. Nolan's all about realism and Snyder's the exact opposite. I was pretty upset when I first heard about him doing Superman, but I was still excited about Sucker Punch. With how much critics are destroying it, though, I'm really worried for Superman...
Seeing Sucker Punch on Sunday. I want to like it but it all depends on expectation I think...
Sucker Punch will be all about the visuals and the action, the acting and the story will suck, and there will be minimal character development. This is why I'm very concerned for Superman: all style and no substance.