Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 7:55 am
Who else plans on seeing Booksmart? It is such a funny, well written, well directed, and well acted film. Please go see it because if it gets any sort of success at the box office we’ll get more amazing little films like this. And Olivia Wilde is such a great director and I hope she has a lot of success in that.
I would but I’m not in the mood to support Megan Ellison after her senseless D&D trashing and endorsing a tweet saying Olivia Wilde is already a better director than Tarantino. Movie looks fun though!

Allstar wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 9:47 am
Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 7:55 am
Who else plans on seeing Booksmart? It is such a funny, well written, well directed, and well acted film. Please go see it because if it gets any sort of success at the box office we’ll get more amazing little films like this. And Olivia Wilde is such a great director and I hope she has a lot of success in that.
I would but I’m not in the mood to support Megan Ellison after her senseless D&D trashing and endorsing a tweet saying Olivia Wilde is already a better director than Tarantino. Movie looks fun though!
Dang Petty Betty over here. That's not even the worst thing a Hollywood producer has done :lol:

And idk I feel like if someone else said this you wouldn't respond like this but since it's me saying this you just had to be snarky. :/

It’s nothing to do with you at all. I just find her quite obnoxious and unprofessional.

She apologized for her D&D comments and she's super hyped for Wilde's movie. She's just showing support for her film.

Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:57 am
She apologized for her D&D comments and she's super hyped for Wilde's movie. She's just showing support for her film.
She trashed them again after “apologizing”.

Idk I didn't see it as trashing. Could be worse. And her apology was all right. I wouldn't hold it against her.

Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:57 am
Lowkey if someone was supporting my film, I'd want them to talk about why mine was special to them instead of comparing it to another film/slamming another filmmaker.

Megan Ellison is singlehandedly responsible for financing some of the greatest movies of all time, she is a treasure and is allowed to say any god damn thing she wants.

Also, you're not punishing Ellison by not going, you're punishing Wilde and a truly terrific movie.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 1:05 pm
Megan Ellison is singlehandedly responsible for financing some of the greatest movies of all time, she is a treasure and is allowed to say any god damn thing she wants.
I'm not refusing to go see it like Allstar is, but just because she's financed great movies and is allowed to say anything she wants doesn't excuse her from criticism.

it's like going after santa if santa made an off colour remark a couple times

like why

-Vader