Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Pope's Exorcist" is a superb film, highlighting the real-life Catholic priest Gabriele Amorth and avoiding the pedophile narrative. The packed theater suggests its appeal. "Renfield" might have suffered from anti-Catholic jokes that deterred moviegoers. 👍👍

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" is hailed as the best Marvel movie since "No Way Home." While phases four and five have been somewhat lackluster, this film managed to entertain. Some viewers left before the credit scenes, reflecting a shift in interest. The superhero legacy seems to have lured away some fans.

"Cruella" was an unexpected and entertaining watch, featuring well-rounded characters and a compelling story. Emma Stone's performance left a positive impression.

As for "Mortal Kombat 2021," the rewatch revealed appreciation for the approach taken with Sub-Zero but left room for a more consistent treatment of other ninjas.

On a side note, some long-time Christopher Nolan fans find "Oppenheimer" to be a less captivating subject for a film, lacking the intrigue of his earlier works.

The Flash :thumbdown:

The Batman :twothumbsup:

The Man with Two Brains

Shin Kamen Rider was my very last movie i've watched for 2023. And it was so damn good. Actually nice to end the year with a really good film, since i watched Pope's Exorcist (average) and 65 (just bad) before i watched Kamen Rider.

Moonstruck

Batman 89
Batman returns
The Flash

Finally got around to The Handmaiden. Very good...to say the least.

The Iron Claw

9/10

wow

The Dark Knight