Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Raising Arizona

Lmao loved this

Bacon wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 1:19 am
Raising Arizona

Lmao loved this
maybe it was Utah...

Sorry To Bother You

Wow, did not expect that.

Also saw the Coldplay documentary in theaters, which was fun.

Burn The Stage

My sister is a huge fan of the kpop band BTS so she took me to see this with her.

I was kind of surprised. The documentary was philosophical in some ways and the band seems so sincere. I totally get why people world over love them. Give it a watch if you want to understand why this band is so popular.

This was a pretty cute movie. It most certainly doesn't not break free from the rom-com formula, but it does feel like an enjoyable 90s rom-coms in the vein of something like When Harry Met Sally. Zoey Deutch might be my new Hollywood crush, and Glen Powell seems like a star at the beginning of his big career.

Burning

Holy shit this was so good. Everyone see it so we can discuss

Durden wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 1:38 am
Burning

Holy shit this was so good. Everyone see it so we can discuss
2 weeks till it hits Chicago for god knows what reason, then we'll talk

-Vader

This was quite a fine sequel to the first film. Which was also the only Halloween film I saw before this. I thought it was going to be all about Laurie but I think they made the right decision, even though Curtis aces it. Loved the score.
David Gordon Green did a good job imo, I really like his work in general and he was a good fit for this.

Hitchcock getting closer to his mastery. So strange to see films made during the war, being about the war. I thought this was a very nice suspense story.

BlairCo wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 12:58 am

This was a pretty cute movie. It most certainly doesn't not break free from the rom-com formula, but it does feel like an enjoyable 90s rom-coms in the vein of something like When Harry Met Sally. Zoey Deutch might be my new Hollywood crush, and Glen Powell seems like a star at the beginning of his big career.
Have you seen Everybody Wants Some, Blair?£

the BALLAD of BUSTER SCRUGGS

Honestly, this was fucking awesome, I thought.

B+ - A- right now, we'll see how it ages. I thought I was going to hate it, and then I loved it.