Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jacobs Ladder

Heard quite a bit about this leading up to my viewing, and it more or less meets the "hype". Well enough made with a rightfully disturbing screenplay, but the film drags it's feet and begins to meander into the ending. The same story is told in a superior (and much shorter) way in Bierce/Enrico's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, with Gilliam's Brazil being pretty close behind it.

lol

they could've cut like an hour and it wouldn't have mattered

I loved this. Beautiful. I particularly liked the way it was shot because the women are in frame. The Master isn't interesting, I mean it's not about him (so you barely see him) if at all. It was so focused on these women living this enclosed life.
Li Gong is such a fantastic actress, loved her performance. Also the youngest I've seen her on film. She's always stunning.
Cinematography, performances, score, costumes... All perfect. Zhang Yimou is quite a versatile director.

avaitor is not top tier scorsese

This was quite fun, and still relevant. Bigelow did well and I quite dug Fiennes' performance.

Quite a stellar Dutch film, of which there aren't many, let alone good ones. It handled some pretty heavy themes, through the eyes of someone who never really makes well thought out decisions. Jonas Smulders and Chris Peters delivered the best performances, I hope they can get into some international stuff. They're very talented.

princess mononoke is better than other movies

Finally saw this! Lovely, such a feel good film. I think I never really get around to it before, mood-wise, but I really loved it. Great lead performances of Lemmon and MacLaine.

Halloween (1978)

It was pretty damn good.

Havoc1st wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 10:17 pm
Halloween (1978)

It was pretty damn good.
Oh?

Havoc1st wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 10:17 pm
Halloween (1978)

It was pretty damn good.
Never seent it. Plan on watching it soon.