Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Forgot to consider this for my most anticipated of the year-list. Does it belong there? Probably. I have high hopes but not really high expectations.

I feel comfortable about this. Would've been more interesting if someone like Cuarón made this, I mean even though Yates is a fine director I would've loved to have seen some different directors taking the reigns in this franchise. Anyway, I do have higher expectations when it comes to the VFX department. I feel like they could've done better with the previous film.
Costume design is going to be fuckin sick once more, Atwood da goddess

Alfonso is overqualified for this.£

Nomis wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 7:23 pm
I feel comfortable about this. Would've been more interesting if someone like Cuarón made this, I mean even though Yates is a fine director I would've loved to have seen some different directors taking the reigns in this franchise. Anyway, I do have higher expectations when it comes to the VFX department. I feel like they could've done better with the previous film.
Costume design is going to be fuckin sick once more, Atwood da goddess
True. The visuals were never the issue with the first one. Everything from VFX to costumes to production design was properly conducted, which is the least I expect. The performances were also great. But the story wasn't intriguing enough. I hate that they went with 'Fantastic Beasts' as the title, because the beasts aren't interesting at all, the people are.

Which is why I hope this one is better, since it introduces Dumbledore and Grindewald.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 7:31 pm
And why is that?

Nomis wrote:
January 16th, 2018, 7:16 am
Master Virgo wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 7:31 pm
And why is that?
Virgo's probably dissing the movie or Yates or both. I think.

Not at all, I quite liked the first one, but Cuarón is just too much for what they are trying to achieve with this franchise. Yates will be perfectly suitable for this.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Rowling make things a whole lot more exciting in the second chapter, but as it is, this feels nowhere near as essential as Potter.£

“Yes,” Yates replied when asked if each film is set in a different city. “Jo’s already told us where the next one is taking place. It’s very exciting. This is a global story, ultimately. And given that there’s a global audience for this, it’s all the more delightful to take the story to different parts of the world.
Can't wait for them to go to the far East

Yeah I know, posted before, but in better quality now.

@antovolk: guess we'll get a teaser somewhere this Spring? Or might they wait as late as Comic-Con?