Nicolas Sparks trashes CORMAC McCarthy.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
After comparing his work to Greek tragedy, Shakespeare, and Hemingway; Nicolas Sparks also trashed McCarthy:

"What about Cormac McCarthy? Does Sparks think he’s in the same league as the Pulitzer winner? “Horrible,” Sparks said, looking at Blood Meridian. “This is probably the most pulpy, overwrought, melodramatic cowboy vs. Indians story ever written.” I guess he disagrees with Time Magazine who ranked it among the 100 best novels written since 1935. Well, it’s no The Notebook."

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/04/03/th ... hemingway/

I have never read Nicolas' novels, but I heard they are good. I heard it mostly from females ages 15 t0 30s it doesn't mean that their opinion doesn't count, but the novels and genre is not in my taste. None of his novels interests me and the movies like THE NOTEBOOK, The Last Song or whatever never interested me either. Looks like this guy has some ego. He trashes Cormac McCarthy and pokes fun at BLOOD MERIDIAN. I don't know what to say, but if I ever see him in person I will personally ask him if he can write anything like Cormac McCarthy. His novels are love stories and he claims that his novels aren't in Romance aisle. WTF is wrong with this guy? - I wish Anton Chigurh finds this Sparks guy... :JGLface:

This is old news.....

But that Sparks dude is full of himself.
I remember that I was in history class one day and my friend was reading The Last Song. I started teasing saying that the book I was reading at the moment won a Nobel Literary prize and that her book was predictable garbage. She said it was not. I argued back that it was. Then I listed every cliche that I could think of. Turned out that most of them were true and she was shocked because I had never read the book before and I guessed all the plot twists.

akv1984 wrote:This is old news.....

But that Sparks dude is full of himself.
I remember that I was in history class one day and my friend was reading The Last Song. I started teasing saying that the book I was reading at the moment won a Nobel Literary prize and that her book was predictable garbage. She said it was not. I argued back that it was. Then I listed every cliche that I could think of. Turned out that most of them were true and she was shocked because I had never read the book before and I guessed all the plot twists.
:mrgreen:

I know this news was old, but i forgot to post it up here. Today I saw the link and thought to post it as I am really mad at Sparks and about his stupid comments. He really thinks that he is better than McCarthy. As a writer he should be respectful to other writers works even though he doesn't like that book, he should be quiet.

Heys mad because he cant write anything compared to THE ROAD and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

I could be wrong, but didn't Sparks trash Stephen King too? In any case, he couldn't write as beautifully as McCarthy if he tried and even his fans think his books are all the same.