Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sanchez wrote:Best trailer that came out of SDCC.
Easily the best one

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:The trailer was kind of 'meh' in my opinion. My opinion of this series' overreliance on 80s nostalgia being a detriment to its overall quality has not changed.
that's like 90% of what the show is hombre id say you just dont like the series
I'd say if that is 90% of the show it's a bad show and you are right: I don't like it very much. I gave the entire 1st season a 6.5 or a 6 out of 10 if I recall. Cool intro theme though.

Batfan175 wrote:I'd say if that is 90% of the show it's a bad show and you are right: I don't like it very much. I gave the entire 1st season a 6.5 or a 6 out of 10 if I recall. Cool intro theme though.
Stranger Things is build on 80s nostalgia.

They take the familiar and turn it into something new giving it a unique spin.

Such a lazy and shallow critique. Unsurprisingly coming from you of course.

MyCocaine wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:I'd say if that is 90% of the show it's a bad show and you are right: I don't like it very much. I gave the entire 1st season a 6.5 or a 6 out of 10 if I recall. Cool intro theme though.
Stranger Things is build on 80s nostalgia.

They take the familiar and turn it into something new giving it a unique spin.

Such a lazy and shallow critique. Unsurprisingly coming from you of course.
When I write more than that someone (you know who) gets offended that I express my opinion in detail and if I write two lines it's shallow. Just make up your minds, guys. Can't have it both ways. So if you want my thoughts, I wrote my review of season 1 a couple of months ago in this thread. Long story short, the unique spin you talk about ain't that unique imo.

Your cynical approach is saddening.

You're completely dismissing the execution, which is what makes it so unique.

Stranger Things is no less inspired by other stoires than Star Wars and Indiana Jones was.

This whole Barb obsession is the dumbest, Barb is a non character, Barb is nothing. A plot point.

m4st4 wrote:This whole Barb obsession is the dumbest, Barb is a non character, Barb is nothing. A plot point.
I think the large thing was that everyone was worried about Will but only Nancy gave a shit about Barb. And even then it was only on the odd occasion. Then once they find out what happened to her, they forget about it.

Although I should mention that Netflix does seem to have taken the whole "Justice for Barb!" thing in stride. When I was at SDCC, Netflix had an exhibit outside the convention centre for Defenders, Bright and Stranger Things. The very first thing you see when you enter the Stranger Things section was a shrine for Barb, and they encouraged us to use #JusticeForBarb. Was quite funny.

m4, mate, taking small thing and blowing it beyond proportions is what internet fandom is.