Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Actually, I watched the Inherent Vice screener first and then saw it in a theater opening weekend with just two people in the place. And I'm glad I saw that screener first because I enjoyed it way more the second time. Nolan is different because it's very much designed for the theatrical experience more than anyone elses new film. I would never watch his screeners.

Master Virgo wrote:I respect you people's opinions of course, but personally I would never watch a screener of an Anderson or del Toro film. Just as I would never do that to a movie from Nolan. Then again I'm used to this waiting business, you people are not.£
There's a chance I might not be able to see either in a theater ever though. At least not without driving for 3 hours.

ignoring the fact that 99% of films are intended for viewing on the big screen, i tend to stay away from screeners just based on how poor the quality usually is - i mean, we're talking sub-DVD levels

but thank God i won't have to wait much longer as the Ritz theaters in Philly appear to be getting this Thursday evening

Watching screeners gives you cancer.

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:I respect you people's opinions of course, but personally I would never watch a screener of an Anderson or del Toro film. Just as I would never do that to a movie from Nolan. Then again I'm used to this waiting business, you people are not.£
There's a chance I might not be able to see either in a theater ever though. At least not without driving for 3 hours.
You wouldn’t drive 3 hours for a PTA film? I would if there was an option. My country will gladly give me Infinity War one week before US but I have to wait three-four MONTHS to see this.

I'm a college student on a college budget and none of my friends care about Del Toro or PTA. I drove 3 hours to see Dunkirk in 70mm IMAX.

Idk when I'd be able to see this and I'd rather not do it alone tbh. Not saying either that I'm caving anytime soon and watching screeners but I'm really frustrated that all of these limited releases "expand" and happen to skip our entire state.

Vader182 wrote:Watching screeners gives you cancer.

-Vader
I'm sick :cry:

Vader182 wrote:Watching screeners gives you cancer.

-Vader
not having this cancer is privilege

Me and Braked should meet up somewhere and watch Shape of Water and this.

@Bacon: regarding your college budget, i can relate. And I highly recommend getting moviepass if you go to a lot of movies. Makes it much more affordable, and could make a three hour drive more reasonable.

as far as not having anyone to go with, i personally dig going to movies alone and know a lot of people who feel the same.