Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sorry for having been a part of having rustled your jimmies Ruth... :cry:

Ruth wrote:What the fuck are you even talking about man. Like your post makes sense and it's all nice and dandy, except for the fact that I was literally talking about DD who said PTA "should try harder" lol. So it's not just him not liking his movies or style or whatever, it's him (possibly jokingly) implying a filmmaker doesn't meet his standarts of cinema.
I didn't see the "he should try harder" bit. My bad.

As for PTA not meeting somebody's "standarts", isn't that personal opinion? My standards, my opinion. If he doesn't like his films, well it obviously doesn't meet his standards, his personal criteria what makes a movie good. So again, I don't know why you'd be defensive about it. I guess we're arguing about semantics now but I just wanted to clarify.

LelekPL wrote:
Ruth wrote:What the fuck are you even talking about man. Like your post makes sense and it's all nice and dandy, except for the fact that I was literally talking about DD who said PTA "should try harder" lol. So it's not just him not liking his movies or style or whatever, it's him (possibly jokingly) implying a filmmaker doesn't meet his standarts of cinema.
I didn't see the he "should try harder" bit. My bad.

As for PTA not meeting somebody's "standarts", isn't that personal opinion. My standards, my opinion. If he doesn't like his films, well it obviously doesn't meet his standards. So again, I don't know why you'd be defensive about it.
I'm not defensive. If it sounds like I am, then ugh.. I can't help it lol? That's totally fine imo, because we all have standarts of our own. My main beef is when people think their standarts are the end-all of everything, which is what I mean in my earlier posts. If you "just" don't like something, it's fine, no one cares. If you start making weird implications about hella established filmmakers with nearly universal acclaim, and push your "opinion" as facts, then you're being dumb and that's when other people stop being facetious and actually start mocking you. It's that simple. Not saying DD is really one of those people, but we all know they exist lol.

Ruth wrote:Not saying DD is really one of those people, but we all know they exist lol.
I try not to be at least.

If any of you play piano, Jonny Greenwood just posted piano sheet music for the main theme of the film.

Oku
You play piano?

And seeing as how this is like the fifth time that you've posted about Mr. Greenwood, you must really love the man.

okungnyo wrote:You play piano?

And seeing as how this is like the fifth time that you've posted about Mr. Greenwood, you must really love the man.
Wtf are you

Oku
You joking or serious?

I asked Bacon if he/she could play because being able to play piano is cool.

And I I gave a shout-out so that he would know that his love for Mr. Greenwood is not going unnoticed; what's wrong with that?

What's your point in saying any of this?

No I don't play the piano. And yeah, I have Thom Yorke as my avatar. One would expect me to be a fan of Greenwood.

Oku
I just got curious, is all.