Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:
Ruth wrote:
DoubleD wrote: A Razzie maybe.
try harder
pta is the one that should try harder
i'm confused, is it DDL or PTA you're shitting on? Maybe if you specified accurately they'd listen to you.

Ruth wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Ruth wrote: try harder
pta is the one that should try harder
i'm confused, is it DDL or PTA you're shitting on? Maybe if you specified accurately they'd listen to you.
PTA. His movies do nothing for me except cure insomnia. And to be DDL's supposed last film, I'm a little disappointed in his choice.

his movies not doing anything for you doesn't make him a bad filmmaker and doesn't mean he has to try harder lol.

Ruth wrote:his movies not doing anything for you doesn't make him a bad filmmaker and doesn't mean he has to try harder lol.
Ignore the troll with the Zack Snyder avatar.

it's ironic cuz coincidentally, DoubleD doesn't do much for me either

I don't really see any competition for DDL. Oldman is probably giving a great performance in a poor movie, they're not giving him an award for that. And thus far, his only competition seems to be Hugh Jackman, and they sure as hell ain't giving him an award for a superhero role. As for other performances on the horizon? Maybe Phoenix or Bale, if their movies are eligible, or Tom Hanks for The Post... and that's it.

EDIT: Come to think of it, with all the shit around Hollwyood these days, maybe they will want to give the award to probably the industry's most beloved and liked person, Hanks, to give them some good PR. Like Moonlight won because the "Oscars so white" controversy.

DoubleD wrote:His movies do nothing for me except cure insomnia.
lol then why are you here?

Day-Lewis aren't winning for this. A nomination aren't even assured at this point.

I don't see this film getting more than two nominations. Costume design and Manville.

Not exactly great odds for an Best Actor contender. Also, Focus already have Oldman.

LelekPL wrote:Like Moonlight won because the "Oscars so white" controversy.
Dude Moonlight was by far the best reviewed movie of 2016. It's not like the film came out of nowhere to win that award. It was not a Toni Erdmann/The Salesman situation.£

Master Virgo wrote:
LelekPL wrote:Like Moonlight won because the "Oscars so white" controversy.
Dude Moonlight was by far the best reviewed movie of 2016. It's not like the film came out of nowhere to win that award. It was not a Toni Erdmann/The Salesman situation.£
I didn't say it won only because of that. It was a good movie according to many. Sure, I think La La Land was by far superior (and many other movies), but still, even if you really enjoyed Moonlight, you can't be naive and not know that the socio-political climate around those Oscars really helped it.