Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Alright I demand a few people on here post what they think this will get on RT and Metacritic (and I don't give a shit if you don't care about reviews it is just a guess). I know this one could be difficult to have any kind of range but my guesses are:

RT - 68%
Metacritic-65

If it ends up being as bad or close to as bad as ROTF I will be the first to admit it.

My guess is RT will have in the high 50s and Metcritic will have it in the high forties.

If half the buzz I'm hearing about it is true, I could see it getting 70's.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:If half the buzz I'm hearing about it is true, I could see it getting 70's.

-Vader
If you are talking about MONEYS, I think it will be close to $100 million or more. :judge:

Rohan wrote:
Vader182 wrote:If half the buzz I'm hearing about it is true, I could see it getting 70's.

-Vader
If you are talking about MONEYS, I think it will be close to $100 million or more. :judge:
He's talking about the RT score.

As for box office, I could see it pulling off around 80-110 million it's opening weekend. Maybe. It's been a slow year, but we'll see.

As for box office, I could see it pulling off around 80-110 million it's opening weekend. Maybe. It's been a slow year, but we'll see.
Oh ok.

They are releasing the film on the 28th 9PM only on 3D and IMAX 3D screens and 3 hours later it will be released in all dimensions. This might be the winner of box office this summer.

This might be the winner of box office this summer.
I don't know about that. I think Harry Potter will win the summer, with Transformers coming in second. But we'll see.

Rohan wrote:

Oh ok.

They are releasing the film on the 28th 9PM only on 3D and IMAX 3D screens and 3 hours later it will be released in all dimensions. This might be the winner of box office this summer.
It's not even playing at the proper IMAX screen in NYC. Incredibly daft on their part. IMAX has been exposed for their digital theaters. On Google Maps there's an overlay that points out LIEMAX (IMAX Digital Theaters) and proper ones here in NYC. Not screening this film in one of the best theaters in the world is so stupid.

I thought they were LIEMAX because of their size.

solo2001 wrote:I thought they were LIEMAX because of their size.
In my opinion it depends on the digital theater individually. Sure, no D-IMAX is gonna be the size of a 65mm theater. But, it's still better then a regular theater in most cases. It just depends on how large the auditorium is that they decide to convert into a D-IMAX.

I'll use a local example. In Portland (Oregon), Regal converted a 300 seat theater into a D-IMAX. It was highly disappointing, I still don't know why they didn't convert one of their larger auditoriums. However, in Eugene (Oregon), where the other D-IMAX theater in Oregon is located, they build it in their 425 seat auditorium, which is much larger. The screen is massive, albeit of course not as big as a 65mm screen, but it's still impressive. I wouldn't call it a LieMax since I think, on special occasions, it's worth the extra money.

But D-IMAX really is the only way for IMAX to grow as a company. Those massive 8 story auditoriums simply aren't cost effective in towns like Eugene with a population of 200K people. D-IMAX is, and it's still better then a regular showing. I'm not against D-IMAX, but I definitely think that if they're going to build them, they should do it in a cinemas largest auditorium, no exceptions.