Random Film News Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But touchstone films weren’t released under the Walt Disney brand, none of their R-rated films have. Plus, Disney has gone on the record stating they do not plan to produce R-rated Marvel films in the foreseeable future.
Well, only time will tell, but we do know which ones definitely won’t. Disney chairman Bob Iger has made it crystal clear that the men and women of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will not be going R-rated in the foreseeable future. 

Iger addressed the question of a Marvel R-rated film during the Disney investor call. “We don’t have any plans to make R-rated Marvel movies,”  he said simply. That shouldn’t come as a big surprise. All of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies have been rated PG-13 so far, and the franchise is doing just fine. Plus, they’re all released by Disney, which has built its brand on family-friendly four-quadrant blockbusters.
http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-r-rated/

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Forget about comic book movies, Disney has made it clear that they're no longer interested in mid-budget and independent films. They sold Miramax years ago and are no longer making films under the Touchstone banner.

If Disney get's their hands on Fox, it's films like The Revenant, Hidden Figures, and The Post that will no longer be made.

soon

You'd think with this cast, there would be something charming to make you intrigued. It looks like an English version of Furry Vengeance. Gleeson looks like he's being forced against his will to deliver these lines.

So... With the Disney/Fox thing... Will we finally get 4K remasters of the real original Star Wars trilogy?

I was trying to do a killer standup special this evening but I might’ve gone too far. After the first show, I felt kinda nauseous. I threw up a little but it didn’t seem to help. Then I started sweating buckets and my chest felt heavy. Turns out I had a massive heart attack. The Doctor who saved my life at the #glendale hospital told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (also known as “the Widow-Maker” because when it goes, you’re a goner). If I hadn’t canceled the second show to go to the hospital, the Doc said I would’ve died tonight. For now, I’m still above ground! But this is what I learned about myself during this crisis: death was always the thing I was most terrified of in life. When the time came, I never imagined I’d ever be able to die with dignity - I assumed I’d die screaming, like my Dad (who lost his life to a massive heart attack). But even as they cut into my groin to slip a stent into the lethal Widow-Maker, I was filled with a sense of calm. I’ve had a great life: loved by parents who raised me to become the individual I am. I’ve had a weird, wonderful career in all sorts of media, amazing friends, the best wife in the world and an incredible daughter who made me a Dad. But as I stared into the infinite, I realized I was relatively content. Yes, I’d miss life as it moved on without me - and I was bummed we weren’t gonna get to make #jayandsilentbobreboot before I shuffled loose the mortal coil. But generally speaking, I was okay with the end, if this was gonna be it. I’ve gotten to do so many cool things and I’ve had so many adventures - how could I be shitty about finally paying the tab. But the good folks at the Glendale hospital had other plans and the expertise to mend me. Total strangers saved my life tonight (as well as my friends @jordanmonsanto & @iamemilydawn, who called the ambulance). This is all a part of my mythology now and I’m sure I’ll be facing some lifestyle changes (maybe it’s time to go Vegan). But the point of this post is to tell you that I faced my greatest fear tonight... and it wasn’t as bad as I’ve always imagined it’d be. I don’t want my life to end but if it ends, I can’t complain. It was such a gift.

Get well soon you fat bastard.

great gif usage^

Kill me.

BlairCo wrote:
March 2nd, 2018, 7:43 am

Kill me.
just watch the damn movie for that